Hey guys, I got a nice ASUS Strix GTX 970 Video card, and in some games I can a the allocated video ram limit.

As you all probably know, there are 3.5 gb + slower 0.5 gb on the 970.

Many games don't even go up to more than 2GB today, but in GTA 4 I want to mod the hell out of it with graphics mods, and is it better to turn the max VRAM to 4GB or 3.5 if that is possible?

Thanks.

Just put it to 4 gigs. 

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Hey guys, I got a nice ASUS Strix GTX 970 Video card, and in some games I can a the allocated video ram limit.

As you all probably know, there are 3.5 gb + slower 0.5 gb on the 970.

Many games don't even go up to more than 2GB today, but in GTA 4 I want to mod the hell out of it with graphics mods, and is it better to turn the max VRAM to 4GB or 3.5 if that is possible?

Thanks.

Keep it at 3,5 GB. That partition is GDDR5, the other 0,5 is not, it will fully break your FPS to the core.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

• 3 weeks later...

Keep it at 3,5 GB. That partition is GDDR5, the other 0,5 is not, it will fully break your FPS to the core.

What? The 0.5 is not GDDR5? Isn't it just a 32bit Data bus?

What? The 0.5 is not GDDR5? Isn't it just a 32bit Data bus?

It's somehow broken, only Nvidia knows how.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)