The underdog of all Sci Fi TV shows.

T.Vengeance

Over the past year, I've been watching Continuum. It was an alright-great tv show until the episode that just aired on Sunday. For those (probably none) of you who have seen it, you'll know what I mean. Anyways, I digress. I just wanted to let you guys know that this, in my opinion triumphs over Firefly..something which I thought could never happen. I love this series because it explores the morals of both the far right and far left. And it blurs them so well. I love how it gets me thinking that nothing in life is as certain as what TV news networks like us to believe. If you're democrat, you fall into (blah blah). If you're republican, you fall into (blah blah),which is never the case. This TV show keeps me on the edge of my seat and always makes me change my mind on who I support. In the 1st season I supported the right. Now in the 2nd, I support the left.

(the right being a police state and the left being a free, almost anarchy state)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(TV_series)#Plot

Anyways enough of that, here's a 3min preview of it. Though this doesn't do the TV show any justice at all. This preview makes it seem like an action TV show, when it's really philosophical. It talks about destiny, changing the future. Changing the past. Erasing horrible figures to the likes of Hitler from history. 

(I just feel that this show deserves more recognition that what it has currently. If anyone in the US has Syfy (Showcase for Canada), you should really take a look at it :))

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

why should i use my valuable hours of the day dedicated to watching star trek to watch this is it really that good?

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

1funnygame, on 12 Jul 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

why should i use my valuable hours of the day dedicated to watching star trek to watch this is it really that good?

You shouldn't :) but both are awesome. I just feel that this show feels more rewarding to watch. A lot of the themes discussed in the show directly portray the society that might happen to ours, just like how technology in star trek was a prediction of what is to come. For one, a police state governs North America in 2077 (PRISM). In it, a movement to implement a CMR (Cellular Memory Review) in ever citizen is put forth. Crime is lowered to almost none at the cost of personal freedom and privacy. Drugs like rejuvenol (lets you experience what you want to experience) is a banned illicit substance that only the lower class partake in. Plus, in my eyes, dystopian worlds are always more interesting than others. They portray the worst in all of us which our society tends to ignore. "Happy endings/worlds" to me aren't in anyway realistic.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You shouldn't :) but both are awesome. I just feel that this show feels more rewarding to watch. A lot of the themes discussed in the show directly portray the society that might happen, just like how technology in star trek was a prediction of what is to come. For one, a police state governs North America in 2077 (PRISM). In it, a movement to implement a CMR (Cellular Memory Review) in ever citizen is put forth. Crime is lowered at the cost of personal freedom and privacy. Drugs like rejuvenol (lets you experience what you want to experience) is a banned illicit substance that only the lower class partake in.

i guess it sounds good i'm probably (absolutely never) going to pirate it to see what it looks like

(btw admitting to pirating is against the rules so i totally did not admit to it in any way what so ever)

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

i guess it sounds good i'm probably (absolutely never) going to pirate it to see what it looks like

(btw admitting to pirating is against the rules so i totally did not admit to it in any way what so ever)

Hehe :) In any case, I only made this post because of the frustration I have with it not being as known. I'm not sure if you're a doctor who fan, but if you are, imagine if doctor who wasn't popular (especially for the Tennant episodes). The fury that just builds up in you...would be too much :P. My job is done.

Hehe :) In any case, I only made this post because of the frustration I have with it not being as known. I'm not sure if you're a doctor who fan, but if you are, imagine if doctor who wasn't popular (especially for the Tennant episodes). The fury that just builds up in you...would be too much :P. My job is done.

post-22981-0-69211500-1373607328.jpg

The underdog of all Sci Fi TV shows?

Firefly

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

The underdog of all Sci Fi TV shows?

Firefly

This is what anyone who haven't seen Space: Above and Beyond would say :P

1. Space: Above and Beyond

2. Firefly

3. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

DS9 <3

The defiant is so freaking cool.

I loved Alien Nation, it was different

Firefly was over rated, the only good episode was the last one. 

Cry Havoc!

This is what anyone who haven't seen Space: Above and Beyond would say :P

1. Space: Above and Beyond

2. Firefly

Yes, yes and yes. S:AAB and Firefly are probably amongst my top shows ever. DS9 I wasnt that big a fan of though, I much prefer TNG any day of the week

Yes, yes and yes. S:AAB and Firefly are probably amongst my top shows ever. DS9 I wasnt that big a fan of though, I much prefer TNG any day of the week

Well, you can say a lot of things about TNG, but not that it's underrated! Which I thought this thread was about. DS9 was the only Star Trek that had a LOT of space battles, but it's downfall was 2 and a half pretty 'boring' (to non-trekkies) seasons in the beginning, and they didn't really get into the good stuff until season 3.

The Defiant is by far my favourite Star Trek ship of all the races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBfHgPNDgPs

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The Dominion War was the last thing Gene Roddenberry wanted to see on DS9.  What made DS9 fun for me was Quirk and Rom, best characters there.

Cry Havoc!

Well, you can say a lot of things about TNG, but not that it's underrated! Which I thought this thread was about. DS9 was the only Star Trek that had a LOT of space battles, but it's downfall was 2 and a half pretty 'boring' (to non-trekkies) seasons in the beginning, and they didn't really get into the good stuff until season 3.

The Defiant is by far my favourite Star Trek ship of all the races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBfHgPNDgPs

YES F*CK YEAH! Love the defiant and Dax so much, even though Bashir was my favourite character of all.