Dell L866r Pentium III candy

iHardware Shelden

So about a year ago while over at a friends house I noticed he had an old Dell system buried under some junk in the basement. He noticed me looking at it and asked if I wanted it. What was my answer?

F*** ya!

I totally forgot to grab it when I left and it was not till 2 weeks ago that I obtained it.

The system is all original from what I can tell and I even got the Logitech Wing-man joystick that they bought with it (not sure about the mouse)

I mainly wanted it because of the monitor at the time for another project I have in the works but now I actually have a complete socket 370 system for all my Pentium IIIs and Celerons.

ItWdYYp.jpg

ApHYsKP.jpg

riKIsxc.jpg

c11oKIx.jpg

AQBHIpf.jpg

I also got this slot style Pentium III ATX board, it seems to be almost the same one as was used in my Pentium II system, just a bit newer and the addition of an extra serial port.

dhqyMa9.jpg

Ignore the C2D and thermal compound  :P

I will most likely put Windows 2000 on this system since it was designed for ME. What else should I use it for? 

tag @tmcclelland455

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Old skool gaming. Daytona USA, Half Life, Gunman Chronicles etc.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Old skool gaming. Daytona USA, Half Life, Gunman Chronicles etc.

I need to find my copy of Half Life, really want to play it, Daytona USA sound fun might have to go to my local shop and see if they have a copy ;)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Look for abandonware sites.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.