Upgrading my rig

nnuzzo141

i've been corrected :P but most people just go for asus when doing something high end.

because they simply have the best VRAM power delivery for overclocking

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Replacement 770 got here yesterday and worked on overclocking it all night, testing stability now, I can get the clock speeds higher then old card

So I have a question for you all, for a mainly gaming computer I was looking to upgrade from a I5 2310 to a 4670k but idk what motherboard to go with. I was looking at non rog Asus z87 deluxe? I was thinking it would match with the gold on gpu but I really don't like Asus so any other suggestions would be nice.I was gunna wait for Evga z87 ftw but of course it still isn't out yet

• 3 weeks later...

computer upgrade has completed for now

got an i5 4670k and a maximus vi formula, because of complications and EVGA not releasing the z87 boards.

pretty bad overclocker i got. Can only hit 4.2 but its still beter then what i have. i was going to put the finished pics in a new thread but if u guys want them here then just say

Works great! and glad some one else shares my views of asus rog stuff not being worth it! the evga card worked great and its hopefully fixed version should be back tuesday. Handles everything i throw at it and overclocks beautifullly. Card stays extremely cool and has never exceeded temp target even running crysis 3 in 1080p max settings

BUT I WANT A CLASSIFIED :(

I'm actually pretty sad i rushed and bought the first ACX 780 available even before the classified came out... I'm still happy with my purchase and it sounds like you're happy with your 770 as well. Well done EVGA, well done!

Intel i7-4770k (4.5GHz) | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | EVGA GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB 7200rpm

Corsair H100i (GT ap-15's) 8GB Vengeance PRO 1600mhz | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 800D

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4421769171