4 way sli question

getrekt

Firstly let me clear one thing - I don't have that much money it's just a question

Does 4 way sli require watercooling or will the gpus fry or thermal throttle

They won't thermal throttle in most cases (get it?) on air, unless you've got really bad airflow in your case. Atleast on stock clocks

Puns of damage.

#Phreak

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

They won't thermal throttle in most cases (get it?) on air, unless you've got really bad airflow in your case. Atleast on stock clocks

That pun tho!

Cool even gpus like titan x will be okay?

4 way sli is not a good idea on air anyway. The fans will run at 100% and the cards will most likely thermal throttle. To be honest, if you can afford 4x high end gaming cards, you can afford a watercooling setup.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

4 way sli is not a good idea on air anyway. The fans will run at 100% and the cards will most likely thermal throttle. To be honest, if you can afford 4x high end gaming cards, you can afford a watercooling setup.

Not comfortable with liquid in my PC

Never used an AiO

Not comfortable with liquid in my PC

Never used an AiO

I wasn't at first but after weeks of research and youtube marathons I made my first WC loop. This is now the only acceptable way of cooling for me. It's not that difficult.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I wasn't at first but after weeks of research and youtube marathons I made my first WC loop. This is now the only acceptable way of cooling for me. It's not that difficult.

Cool! (pun intended) I don't know why but I'm uncomfortable with liquid in my PC as I'm afraid of leaks and ruining hardware

(I don't even have money for a good gpu let alone multigpu or watercooling - if I do buy good gpus (2-3 gpus) il never be able to buy them again if anything went wrong )

Cool! (pun intended) I don't know why but I'm uncomfortable with liquid in my PC as I'm afraid of leaks and ruining hardware

(I don't even have money for a good gpu let alone multigpu or watercooling - if I do buy good gpus (2-3 gpus) il never be able to buy them again if anything went wrong )

Don't assume it will go wrong. With proper planning and execution thats highly unlikely. If you rush the process and do it sloppily then you risk leaks and damage- you leak test for few days with everything powered off in the first place, just the pump running.

4 way SLI has some stability issues, i advice you to go 3 way instead. 3 way is much more stable then 4 way

4 way SLI has some stability issues, i advice you to go 3 way instead. 3 way is much more stable then 4 way

I just wanted to ask questions I don't have that kinda money and thanks for that information!

I just wanted to ask questions I don't have that kinda money and thanks for that information!

Well in that case cards in the midldle could have some issues. Nvidia coolers are designed in very good way for SLI.

Only person who needs 4 way sli would be one who is password cracking.

And OP, it would just be toasty in there if one wanted to OC water cooling would be needed.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.