Audio interface and Mod Mic problem

Hi guys, I recently bought an audio interface, the TASCAM US-2x2, after a few weeks of use I noticed that a few problems were reoccurring and I believe most of them are interdependent. But I also have a few general questions. 

Problem 1: There is occasionally a "popping" sound when I play audio from YouTube/Facebook/Spotify/iTunes. After this popping sound occurs, it is usually followed by my second problem. 

Problem 2: Problem 1 doesn't always occur for this to happen. All forms of video and audio (YouTube/Facebook/Spotify/iTunes) stop playing. I'll be watching a video, I pause it for a couple minutes, come back to my computer and my videos won't play anymore. If I try to play music on Spotify, the browser will say it's playing but no sound comes out.

The only solution that I have found so far is restarting the computer manually (reset button) because when I press restart on Windows, it stays in the "Shutting down" screen but doesn't actually shut down.

Problem 3: My ModMic 4.0 doesn't seem to work or appear on Skype. I tested the mic on my phone and the mic definitely works. And yes, I checked if it was on mute.

I am trying to use it via the audio interface but it doesn't seem to work when I am on Skype. Whether its plugged in via the audio interface, the sound card (Asus Xonar DG) that I don't use anymore, or the on-board audio (Asus Z87-A). 

post-144594-0-73721500-1429240274.png

As seen attached, other than the Microphone (US-2x2) option, there are no other options to select from. I was told by my sister, who is proficient with audio equipment that I should be seeing a "Line-In" option. 

Problem 4: I recently had a nearly-full system upgrade. One of which includes upgrading from Windows Vista on a Western Digital Blue to Windows 7 on an Intel 530 SSD with an additional 2TB WD Black. After this upgrade, I transferred all the music files on my ~8 year old WD Blue to my new 7200 RPM WD Black.

However, instead of seeing faster playback speeds, iTunes takes several seconds to play a song when selected. I used to be able to spam the side buttons on my mouse to skip through tracks but now after skipping a few songs the program lags for a bit. Or even if I pause the song for some time and go back to play it, it takes a long time to start the song again. 

I would greatly appreciate any kind of help. I am not as tech/computer-savvy as many of you on the forums. In terms of computer-savvyness, if your grandma was a 0 and a middle-aged office lady was a 4, i'd say i'm a solid 7.5. So easy on the lingo please. And lastly I apologize for the long post. Please let me know if I can provide more information in order for you to help me. 

Thanks!

is your mic plugged into the correct jack on your sound card?

have you selected that mic as the recording device? in the xonar software, go to mixer, go to record, then click the square below the mic input so it turns red

also make sure you havent disabled any inputs in your windows sound settings

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

is your mic plugged into the correct jack on your sound card?

have you selected that mic as the recording device? in the xonar software, go to mixer, go to record, then click the square below the mic input so it turns red

also make sure you havent disabled any inputs in your windows sound settings

Yes, I have plugged it in the correct jack.

I tried what you recommended and tested it with the Skype Audio Test and couldn't hear anything still. And yes, I have checked the Windows settings as well. :(

Yes, I have plugged it in the correct jack.

I tried what you recommended and tested it with the Skype Audio Test and couldn't hear anything still. And yes, I have checked the Windows settings as well. :(

but when you look at the windows sound settings does it actually show green lines when you talk into the mic?

green-bars-indication-windows-7.png

try turning on the mic boost in the xonar mixer recording settings

qMNgD.png

its the little wrench thingy

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

but when you look at the windows sound settings does it actually show green lines when you talk into the mic?

Yeah, I tried the multiple options available and I didn't see any green bars pop up. I don't even want to run the mic through my sound card, i'd prefer it if I could run it through my audio interface. But if worse comes to worse I might just have to run it through the sound card.. If that's even going to work..

post-144594-0-43161700-1429250044.png

Yeah, I tried the multiple options available and I didn't see any green bars pop up. I don't even want to run the mic through my sound card, i'd prefer it if I could run it through my audio interface. But if worse comes to worse I might just have to run it through the sound card.. If that's even going to work..

attachicon.gifaudioskype.png

i would test it with the sound card first to make sure the mic actually works in the first place

and if it does then try to get it working on your motherboard audio

no use troubleshooting if the mic is dead (this can happen if it was plugged into an audio output port)

also in the xonar settings you need to have the mic selected, not line in

the little red box should be under mic

Spoiler

I would test it with the sound card first to make sure the mic actually works in the first place

and if it does then try to get it working on your motherboard audio

no use troubleshooting if the mic is dead (this can happen if it was plugged into an audio output port)

also in the xonar settings you need to have the mic selected, not line in

the little red box should be under mic

Sorry, I was testing out the other options but yes, I did have mic selected. 

I have tested that the mic does in fact work, I tried it by making a call on my cellphone. 

And I don't know if this information will help but I previously had a USB mic plugged in and that would work via the sound card according to Skype.

Sorry, I was testing out the other options but yes, I did have mic selected. 

I have tested that the mic does in fact work, I tried it by making a call on my cellphone. 

And I don't know if this information will help but I previously had a USB mic plugged in and that would work via the sound card according to Skype.

check the skype options

look for the mic settings

see if you can get the modmic to show up

3675-sky-s-.png

use the "advanced options"

Spoiler

check the skype options

look for the mic settings

see if you can get the modmic to show up

post-144594-0-78104800-1429253112.png

I have tried all the combinations between the Xonar center and all the available drop-down options in Skype..

Thanks for the help so far..  :(

Also, I noticed you're located in Vancouver! 604 represent!

attachicon.gifskypeoptions.png

I have tried all the combinations between the Xonar center and all the available drop-down options in Skype..

Thanks for the help so far..  :(

Also, I noticed you're located in Vancouver! 604 represent!

:)

well this is getting complicated

hm

is the mic set as the default communications device in the windows sound settings?

could you take a screenshot of all the device properties for the mic in windows sound settings?

you can try updating skype, but i dont think that would help

worth a shot anyway

Spoiler