Updating OS on hybrid drive

Homaosapian

Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my OS from 7 to 8.1 and my concern comes with "replacing" the current OS on the SSD portion of my hybrid drive. Im nervous that in the updating process I will either install the new OS on the mechanical hard drive portion (thus not fully efficient) or I would mess something up on the SSD portion. Any tips or guides?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my OS from 7 to 8.1 and my concern comes with "replacing" the current OS on the SSD portion of my hybrid drive. Im nervous that in the updating process I will either install the new OS on the mechanical hard drive portion (thus not fully efficient) or I would mess something up on the SSD portion. Any tips or guides?

You cant mess anything up.

Hybrid drives are 1 drive. It's a SSD cache not a physical drive.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

so is there anything unique i need to do during the installation to make sure it goes in that cache? or am I just overthinking all of this

so is there anything unique i need to do during the installation to make sure it goes in that cache? or am I just overthinking all of this

Everything goes on the hard drive, the cache just caches your most used files so rebooting a few times after you re-install will probably help the most (since it'll be using the new windows install therefor caching it).

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5