Intel CPU with AMD GPU good?

Hey guys planning to make a build in summer when r300s launch and i want to go for freesync and amd graphics setup cause it comes cheaper than nvidia's gsync (man that acer predator is expensive) but i wonder since AMD has CPUs aswell if their graphics are better optimised with them, but i really really prefer the intel chip and motherboards please help!  (rig gonna game 1440p and video edit too so if u have any other reason why Nvidia is better than AMD or vise versa please say it , thanks)

It doesn't matter

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

nope makes no difference

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It depends on the software you render with, But generally it doesnt matter which brand you choose.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

There's no difference between matching an AMD CPU with an AMD GPU.

And AMD vs Nvidia is pretty neck and neck in terms of performance and features.  I would go with the most bang for buck or the one with the features that you need more. (i.e if you go freesync on your monitor, get an AMD GPU)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

AMD shows off their GPUs with Intel CPUs. AMD CPUs are crap for gaming and shouldn't be considered for those kind of builds with Intel's i3's starting at $105 (i3-4150), their i5s starting at $175 (i5-4440), and their hyperthreaded quadcores starting at $250 (Xeon E3-1231v3, or $310 for i7-4771). AMD's FX-8350 is awesome for a budget workstation and usually significantly better than a more expensive i5 then, but for gaming there isn't an AMD CPU that makes much sense. Now AMD's graphics cards are awesome.

Well i guess for video editing nvidia has cuda-acceleration but that is if you use premiere so it depends but otherwise a friend of mine has a 280 with a i72600 and he's not complaining. 

AMD shows off their GPUs with Intel CPUs. AMD CPUs are crap for gaming and shouldn't be considered for those kind of builds with Intel's i3's starting at $105 (i3-4150), their i5s starting at $175 (i5-4440), and their hyperthreaded quadcores starting at $250 (Xeon E3-1231v3, or $310 for i7-4771). AMD's FX-8350 is awesome for a budget workstation and usually significantly better than a more expensive i5 then, but for gaming there isn't an AMD CPU that makes much sense. Now AMD's graphics cards are awesome.

Woah, that's very harsh.

You do know that once in a while places like Microcenter will sell stuff like FX 8320 + 970 or 990fx board for like $149 right? Sometimes even less. Tell me how that isn't amazing for someone on a $500 budget or similar.

To the OP, matching Intel, AMD, Nvidia, or whatever CPU/GPU manufacturer in a system doesn't make a difference. There is no bonus or synergy between the parts.

Woah, that's very harsh.

You do know that once in a while places like Microcenter will sell stuff like FX 8320 + 970 or 990fx board for like $149 right? Sometimes even less. Tell me how that isn't amazing for someone on a $500 budget or similar.

To the OP, matching Intel, AMD, Nvidia, or whatever CPU/GPU manufacturer in a system doesn't make a difference. There is no bonus or synergy between the parts.

It's not amazing because a Haswell i3 usually outperforms an FX-8350 in gaming benchmarks and it and an H81/B85 board can usually be had for similar prices.

It's not amazing because a Haswell i3 usually outperforms an FX-8350 in gaming benchmarks and it and an H81/B85 board can usually be had for similar prices.

Only in 1-2 core games, and some OC does actually quite improve the thing. On games where the CPU does matter and several cores are used, like CIV beyond earth, the 8350 does pull ahead against the latest i3s by a noticeable amount.

I'm not fanboying out or saying the i3 is a bad CPU, but saying that 'amd CPUs are crap for gaming' is simply not right, and has been proved by different reviewers, benchmarkers, and even forum members (we actually had a guy recently posting very interesting results about his FX 6300 in GTA:V). Also, please remember this forum has people from different countries, that have totally different markets and pricing. A CPU like the Athlon 860k, FX8320 or 6300 are better budget choices for someone that may live in South America, The Philippines, Singapore, etc. And sometimes even for the US, where the last black friday Amazon was offering FX 6300 CPUs for like $70, quite insane.

Only in 1-2 core games, and some OC does actually quite improve the thing. On games where the CPU does matter and several cores are used, like CIV beyond earth, the 8350 does pull ahead against the latest i3s by a noticeable amount.

I'm not fanboying out or saying the i3 is a bad CPU, but saying that 'amd CPUs are crap for gaming' is simply not right, and has been proved by different reviewers, benchmarkers, and even forum members (we actually had a guy recently posting very interesting results about his FX 6300 in GTA:V). Also, please remember this forum has people from different countries, that have totally different markets and pricing. A CPU like the Athlon 860k, FX8320 or 6300 are better budget choices for someone that may live in South America, The Philippines, Singapore, etc. And sometimes even for the US, where the last black friday Amazon was offering FX 6300 CPUs for like $70, quite insane.

I disagree, most of these games use 8+ threads, and the i3 is still better overall.

http://gamegpu.ru/test-video-cards/igry-2014-goda-protiv-protsessorov-test-gpu.html

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

Besides, you're getting into a higher price point if you're talking about overclocking, since you need to buy an aftermarket cooler and a highend board. By that time might as well just get an i5.

CPU's and GPU's are not optimized for each other. The cpu has no impact on the gpu performance as long as the cpu is powerful enough to avoid bottlenecking the gpu and in the case of Intel cpu, its rarely the case except for the pentium k maybe or some low end i3. From mid-end i3 and higher, you should be fine.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Hey guys planning to make a build in summer when r300s launch and i want to go for freesync and amd graphics setup cause it comes cheaper than nvidia's gsync (man that acer predator is expensive) but i wonder since AMD has CPUs aswell if their graphics are better optimised with them, but i really really prefer the intel chip and motherboards please help!  (rig gonna game 1440p and video edit too so if u have any other reason why Nvidia is better than AMD or vise versa please say it , thanks)

this is a cool AMD & intel build friend  :D