[US] Dell P2715Q 27" 4K IPS 60Hz SST Monitor ($500)

Glenwing

http://adorama.evyy.net/c/81003/78387/1036?u=http://www.adorama.com/DEP2715Q.html

Use promo code APINSIDER on the final checkout page (expand the link above the credit card info section) to bring it down to $500. No shipping and no tax (except in NY/NJ), $500 is the final amount.

This is one of the best 4K monitors out right now, it does achieve 60Hz over a single stream of DisplayPort 1.2 and is equipped with a 10-bit IPS panel (not wide-gamut though) with a flicker-free WLED backlight.  

It has 2 DisplayPort 1.2 inputs (one full-size and one mini), a DisplayPort output for daisy-chaining (only at lower settings, as 4K 60Hz mode requires the full DP bandwidth), and an HDMI 1.4 input (30Hz limit at 4K). It also has a 3.5mm audio passthrough, a 4-port USB 3.0 hub, a fully-adjustable stand, and 100x100mm VESA mount compatibility.

This monitor is also one of the best out there at handling interpolations of lower resolutions like 1080p and 1440p, with very minimal blurriness or loss of quality (the whole 1080p scaling perfectly to 4K thing is a myth by the way, most 4K monitors do still interpolate 1080p and most don't do a particularly great job either). It also has very low latency and about as little ghosting as you can hope to get from a a 60Hz IPS panel.

Not to be confused with the terrible 30Hz TN model (P2815Q) which is a completely different monitor :)

Why anyone would buy a 1440p monitor when there is 4k monitors like this for the same price is beyond me.

Why anyone would buy a 1440p monitor when there is 4k monitors like this for the same price is beyond me.

Most people won't be able to run games at 4k. And 1440p monitors can be found for around $300 so it's still much cheaper. 

Most people won't be able to run games at 4k. And 1440p monitors can be found for around $300 so it's still much cheaper. 

So play at 1440p until they upgrade next, it's better to spend $500 on 4k and no have to buy a new monitor for another 5 years than to spend $500 now then in a year spend another $500 to upgrade to 4k. Yea $300 for a shitty ebay monitor lol

So play at 1440p until they upgrade next, it's better to spend $500 on 4k and no have to buy a new monitor for another 5 years than to spend $500 now then in a year spend another $500 to upgrade to 4k. Yea $300 for a shitty ebay monitor lol

No man there are pretty decent ones for $300 now. There's an IPS Acer one that always goes to low $300. And scaling is horrible so playing on 1440 with a 4k monitor isn't ideal. 

I suddenly need this. For stuff. Too bad my wallet doesn't agree with me. >.>

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

No man there are pretty decent ones for $300 now. There's an IPS Acer one that always goes to low $300. And scaling is horrible so playing on 1440 with a 4k monitor isn't ideal. 

Link? I looked the other day on newegg and couldn't find any under $400 and i know scaling isn't the best but id deal with it instead of wasting money on old tech.

Weird i just looked and that monitor never came up using the 2k category :S Still think it's a waste especially with how rapid the prices are going down for 4k like was it even a year ago that 4k was $1200 now there $500.

maxing graphics at 1440 is easier than at 4k. maybe their gpus arent that good and they dont want ugly 4k games or good graphics with bad fps.

but yeah, if i could, i would definitely get a 4k monitor if i had a good gpu.

@Glenwing Do you know when this deal ends? I'm debating whether or not to try to sell my ROG Swift and pick up this monitor. 

Unfortunately I don't know when the deal ends :(

maxing graphics at 1440 is easier than at 4k. maybe their gpus arent that good and they dont want ugly 4k games or good graphics with bad fps.

but yeah, if i could, i would definitely get a 4k monitor if i had a good gpu.

You can still run 1440p on a 4K monitor. As I said, this monitor is very good with interpolation of non-native resolutions with minimal blurriness.

Weird i just looked and that monitor never came up using the 2k category :S Still think it's a waste especially with how rapid the prices are going down for 4k like was it even a year ago that 4k was $1200 now there $500.

Eh idk. I think I'm just going to stick with my ROG Swift though. I got it for a smoking deal at $555 so I'm happy with it. 

DAYUM. that's only $10 more than i paid for the 24" model of the same build

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

Eh idk. I think I'm just going to stick with my ROG Swift though. I got it for a smoking deal at $555 so I'm happy with it. 

See if i was you i would be hating myself right now knowing ill have to buy a 4k monitor soon but i guess each to there own.

See if i was you i would be hating myself right now knowing ill have to buy a 4k monitor soon but i guess each to there own.

Elements on 1440 are already smaller than I would like so 4k won't work for me unless scaling on elements is better on newer windows. And I can always sell it for just as much as I bought it for. I always view buying things as an investment and that I can always get it back. I get 144hz and G-sync as well. 

1440p has 144hz :) 4k the highest I've found is 75h and it's like $1000

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Any thoughts on the 27" form factor?  This deal is very exciting, but I don't know how I feel about the pixel density.  I've never even seen a 4K monitor irl so I'm quite naive, but I'd think it'd be much better suited for 32" or so.  Anybody ever used a monitor this dense or have thoughts on it?

1440p has 144hz :) 4k the highest I've found is 75h and it's like $1000

Im pretty sure linus in a blind test couldn't tell the difference between 120hz and 144hz also most people are happy with 60hz and good luck getting 144fps in AAA titles at 1440p today lol

Im pretty sure linus in a blind test couldn't tell the difference between 120hz and 144hz also most people are happy with 60hz and good luck getting 144fps in AAA titles at 1440p today lol

With sli it's very reachable. A single gtx 780 does around 60 fps at 1440p in most games so sli 780 ti or something similar to that will be able to run 1440p to 120-144hz. That's at max settings. You can also turn down the settings if fps is more important to you. At 4k you done even have this choice because playing at 30 fps with 1 card would just look terrible.

With sli it's very reachable. A single gtx 780 does around 60 fps at 1440p in most games so sli 780 ti or something similar to that will be able to run 1440p to 120-144hz. That's at max settings. You can also turn down the settings if fps is more important to you. At 4k you done even have this choice because playing at 30 fps with 1 card would just look terrible.

If your going sli then you should be getting a 4k monitor lol 

Alright I'm not paying nearly the same price for a decent 4k monitor when I can get 2 GTX 970s

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

• 2 weeks later...

^ what he said

and if your desperate you can get them even cheaper on ebay, like this one which is only $200 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Refurbished-ACHIEVA-SHIMIAN-QH270-27-LED-2560x1440-QHD-S-IPS-PC-Monitor-/141482855003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f1090a5b

i dont think i would use this personally, but if I was looking for a decent monitor for an office build or something this would be my first choice ^^

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1