980ti will it happen?

For me it makes financial sense in 3 main ways.

1), They will have cores that do not meet the requirements to go to TitanX.

2) They have a gap thats huge between the 980 and TitanX

3) They need something to react to 390 with.

1) That defeats the purpose of a "top end card"... undercutting themselves isn't good.

2) It's not that huge.... there are 980s over 800 bucks.

3) No, they don't. AMD fans will go AMD, Nvidia fans will go Nvidia. People expecting 999fps at 4k on a single 390x need to keep dreaming. 

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

1) That defeats the purpose of a "top end card"... undercutting themselves isn't good.

3) No, they don't. AMD fans will go AMD, Nvidia fans will go Nvidia. People expecting 999fps at 4k on a single 390x need to keep dreaming. 

1) It's all to do with yields.. Not all chips are made equally, even from the same wafer. It makes sense to use them in something from a financial stad-point.

2) There may be but talking reference.. $550~ to 1000 is a big gap, not to mention performance.

3) They will always try and 1-up each-other and Nvidia IMO has enough wiggle room to do it (though they don't aim for the performance per $.. they aim at titles and being a more "premium" product

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

You know there are people other than fans that go by performance/price instead of the brand.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I say the 980 Ti happens and they release at or around the same time as the AMD 300 series. Might be a Titan X with half the vram but a higher base clock. Speculation is strong in this thread. rumors http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/82357-nvidia-gatecrash-amd-radeon-300-party-gtx-980-ti/ and more https://www.google.com/search?q=980+ti&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=ssl

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You know there are people other than fans that go by performance/price instead of the brand.

Of course, I'm one of them.. 780 was a great card and I'd just come from AMD before it which is why I have them. (Bought on release well before 290 was released)

Had many many glitches and niggles with my last 2 AMD's, Last 2 Nvidias have been solid for the most part.

No such thing as the perfect product IMO, Personally I won't go AMD again until they sort their shit out on drivers and efficiency.

AMD has made some BIIIG blunders in the last few years in both processor and GPU divisions.

But thats just my personal opinion.. Each to their own, all choices are valid if it fits your needs.

I know that. But speculating is pointless. As of my writing this: There is no faster GPU than the GM200 in the Titan X. No one knows how the 390x will be. No one has announced anything regarding a 980Ti. But based on what we know? It won't happen as a 980... it'd happen as a Titan, if at all. And with the Titan name comes with Titan pricing.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Of course, I'm one of them.. 780 was a great card and I'd just come from AMD before it which is why I have them. 

Had many many glitches and niggles with my last 2 AMD's, Last 2 Nvidias have been solid for the most part.

No such thing as the perfect product IMO, Personally I won't go AMD again until they sort their shit out on drivers and efficiency.

AMD has made some BIIIG blunders in the last few years in both processor and GPU divisions.

But thats just my personal opinion.. Each to their own, all choices are valid if it fits your needs.

I can bet 90% that you just read AMDS drivers are bad and say they are bad.

I have owned Nvidia cards AND AMD cards.

Every Nvidia card I bought died within 2.5 months (That was the GT 630, lasted good 91 dayz)

Every AMD card I bought hasent failed.

Also, in my life, I havent experianced AMD driver glitches. I have no idea why people say that.

Thats why I proclaim myself as an AMD fanboy, every Nvidia product I have owned just failed on me

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I know that. But speculating is pointless. As of my writing this: There is no faster GPU than the GM200 in the Titan X. No one knows how the 390x will be. No one has announced anything regarding a 980Ti. But based on what we know? It won't happen as a 980... it'd happen as a Titan, if at all. And with the Titan name comes with Titan pricing.

Good thing you know that, your previous statement made it like people only buy for the brand. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Every Nvidia card I bought died within 2.5 months (That was the GT 630, lasted good 91 dayz)

DLwIz2c.png

Every Nvidia card died? I've never had any GPU die on me less than 2 years after buying it...

Also, in my life, I havent experianced AMD driver glitches. I have no idea why people say that.

Thats why I proclaim myself as an AMD fanboy, every Nvidia product I have owned just failed on me

HAd a 5770 and a 6970, got flashing textures with AA enabled in some games, random game crashes all over the place.

Went to a 670, Was much better, still the odd driver crash though.. then gave that to my bro when I went dual 780's.

My first 3 self bought and built PC's were AMD (Duron 1Ghz, Athlon 2400+ and Athlon 4000+)

That lasted me all the way up to an Intel i7 950.

GPU's were Nvidia 4800 se, 7800 Ti OC then the 5770 and 6970. (think there may have been 1 or 2 others that I can't remember)

And every single one of them is still running. (Various web rigs and HT)

Ohh and this is from the guy thats "in AMD heaven"?

IMO Nvidia make a better product at the moment. Not to say I don't have any issues with them... They are very expensive and I HATE the OC limits they've tacked on to them in the last few gens.

Opposite for me. :( Every AMD card died for me. Just really depends on the cards. Maybe we both got unlucky in silicon lottery.

I feel a disturbance in the speculation force

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

DLwIz2c.png

Every Nvidia card died? I've never had any GPU die on me less than 2 years after buying it...

Please read the whole post, I knew someone like you would highlight the title just to say I am lying, so I just mentioned it in the post.

Also, the title is supposed to be a joke, I dont know why the fuck people take it seriously, I recommend all products, AMD, Nvidia and Intel.

DLwIz2c.png

I've had a card on me die pretty quickly, but that's because I somehow bridged it to the power supply, killing it and the PCI controller instantly..

Sig under construction.

Please read the whole post, I knew someone like you would highlight the title just to say I am lying, so I just mentioned it in the post.

Also, the title is supposed to be a joke, I dont know why the fuck people take it seriously, I recommend all products, AMD, Nvidia and Intel.

I enjoyed the "someone like me" bit.

I just have a hard time believing every single card died, and not once did you think to RMA it.

Opposite for me. :( Every AMD card died for me. Just really depends on the cards. Maybe we both got unlucky in silicon lottery.

I feel a disturbance in the speculation force

Well me GT 630's fan stopped and the card never ran again

The second card (Some from PNY) thermal throttled for no damn reaosn

The third card died while play Call of duty randomly.

I enjoyed the "someone like me" bit.

I just have a hard time believing every single card died, and not once did you think to RMA it.

You have no idea how hard RMA is in India.

Well me GT 630's fan stopped and the card never ran again

The second card (Some from PNY) thermal throttled for no damn reaosn

The third card died while play Call of duty randomly.

I will make a note to never buy PNY. Thanks. I will admit I'm an EVGA fanboy. They respond right away. I love their customer service.

You have no idea how hard RMA is in India.

+1

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ