how cold can a water CPU cooler get for a non computer science project?

my project is to create a box or object that will keep keep a ice cube from melting or just who ever survives the longest and well it must be in contained and have a window to see the cube if it matters but will it keep it cold and how can i power it?

As cold as the ambient temperature where the radiator is. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No, it would probably melt it faster. Water cooling uses the air in the room to cool whatever it's touching. If what you're trying to cool if colder than the air in the room, it will heat it up instead of cooling it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

my project is to create a box or object that will keep keep a ice cube from melting or just who ever survives the longest and well it must be in contained and have a window to see the cube if it matters but will it keep it cold and how can i power it?

It will be based on ambient temps for CPU Watercoolers, unless you go down the TEC/Phase change route.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

IT'S A TROLL VIDEO AND I DIDN'T NOTICE. I TAKE IT ALL BACK.

Ahem...

This video gets it to -7 with a H100. I'm guessing it's warmer than -7 celsius if Tom Logan was comfortable and looking normal. 

Think about how a fridge or freezer works. Just remove more heat than can get in and you go down.

Sig under construction.

Ahem...

This video gets it to -7.

It's also a troll, he says it at the end.

You cannot cool a radiator / heatsink to below the temperature of the air that is being blown into it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

so the room is room temperature could i make it colder and how would i power it also i am buying a CPU water cooler because i need one for my pc too but wont use it forever so doesn't have to be great got any suggestions

Use TECs, and hook up an AIO to it. Lots of people have done that while making cloud chambers.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

No, it would probably melt it faster. Water cooling uses the air in the room to cool whatever it's touching. If what you're trying to cool if colder than the air in the room, it will heat it up instead of cooling it.

so is there any way to make it colder

Ahem...

This video gets it to -7 with a H100. I'm guessing it's warmer than -7 celsius if Tom Logan was comfortable and looking normal. 

Think about how a fridge or freezer works. Just remove more heat than can get in and you go down.

This video is fake, he edited the source code to give false temp readings.

Not without basically making a fridge. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It will be based on ambient temps for CPU Watercoolers, unless you go down the TEC/Phase change route.

Dude, I can't understand anything you're saying. 

IT'S A TROLL VIDEO AND I DIDN'T NOTICE. I TAKE IT ALL BACK.

Ahem...

It's also a troll, he says it at the end.

You cannot cool a radiator / heatsink to below the temperature of the air that is being blown into it.

It wouldnt work. A cpu cooler tries to keep the cpu as close to room temp as possible. This would cause the ice to melt quicker because the area your spreading the heat over would increase.

Use TECs, and hook up an AIO to it. Lots of people have done that while making cloud chambers.

This video is fake, he edited the source code to give false temp readings.

Not without basically making a fridge. 

I TAKE IT ALL BACK! 

Lol, alrighty. *backs away slowly*

so thx to mental guy i was thinking of using a thermoelectric cpu cooler and would it be good or worth it for the project(my other group members who arent that smart said that we would cool steel and make a box out of it) and after is it good as a CPU cooler.  are they really big by the way

are they really big by the way

TECs or watercoolers? Pre-assembled watercoolers go up to 420mm rad size (I think) and if you're making a custom one, the sky's the limit for you. 

TECs are relatively small, they vary in sizes, "average" ones have about the same area as a 2011 socket CPU, being only a couple of millimeters thick.

Btw as a way of powering it all - use a PSU. Most TECs are 12V so there's no problem with using 12V output (given the sufficient power of PSU itself of course).

Also you can't use a TEC alone. It transfers heat from one side to another using electricity (one side gets really cold, the other's really hot), and if you don't cool the hot side, the thing will just die.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.