Anyone following NAB? Cause I just found my new camera!

Dredgy

So I've been holding off buying a Black Magic URSA for some time now, waiting for NAB, hoping that would release either an URSA that supported SSD recording, or a Hyperdeck Shuttle that would support 4K.

They announced neither, but slashed the price of the original URSA by enough to make CFast within the realms of affordability and unleashed a new version with a 4.6K 120FPS sensor.

They actually announced a BUNCH of cameras, including the Micro Cinema Camera (an action camera it seems) the Micro Studio Camera and the URSA mini as well as new HyperDeck Studios and a viewfinder/recorder.

So I am going to be ordering the standard 4K URSA, and upgrading the sensor next year if I see fit. 

P83gdazm.jpg

URSA Mini

NDXc0jwm.png

URSA now has a 4.6K sensor

qZfgvIIm.jpg

Micro Cinema Camera with the new "Video Assist" viewfinder and recorder

ZJsWhRJm.jpg

And micro studio camera

Like most Black Magic products, each of these probably have a fatal flaw, and they seem to be spreading themselves thin, but it's good to see what they've come up with.

What are you going to do with it?

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Stick it on top of my subwoofer, use it as a footrest :)

Make it a cupholder.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNN

74501.jpg

why was i photography only again?

ohh wait, my wallet is looking angry again.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

ohh wait, my wallet is looking angry again.

Yea I don't even look at my bank account anymore.

But there's some really good challenges in video that I enjoy much more than photography for some reason.

Yea I don't even look at my bank account anymore.

But there's some really good challenges in video that I enjoy much more than photography for some reason.

might also go the way of video later on, but i need to get some better gear first, since currently i got the feeling i have hit my limit for what it allows me to do.

getting better stuff shouldnt be hard though, altough the money takes some time to appear.

(rolling the student life with work)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I have a BM Pocket Camera and I'm hoping that they continue to support it. It's looking like they will as the Micro seems be using the same sensor.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

I have a BM Pocket Camera and I'm hoping that they continue to support it. It's looking like they will as the Micro seems be using the same sensor.

Yea they seem to be. Both seem to be for different things, though it's a really blurred line. I think the pocket is meant to be properly rigged up and used as a semi-professional to professional user, whereas the Micro seems to be something like an action camera, to attach to your bike or a drone, especially considering it can take inputs from RC Aeroplane controllers.

On an unrelated note, how do you find the Pocket? I'm a little worried with buying a BM Camera as they seem to do everything really well but tend to overlook something so very basic.

The real unnoticed star is Panasonic's new firmware for their gh4.

A log profile, 4x3 anamoric shooting and 10bit 4.2.2. HDMI out.

On an unrelated note, how do you find the Pocket? I'm a little worried with buying a BM Camera as they seem to do everything really well but tend to overlook something so very basic.

I bought the bmpcc earlier this year. By then, all of the firmware updates had been released that addressed some major issues that the camera had. I'm pretty happy with it. I use the camera for personal stuff. I use Nikon mount lenses via the metabones speed booster. The files come out pretty flat, but I'm having fun learning about color correcting and the dynamic range of the sensor always makes me smile. The lens I have on there at the moment is a voigtlander 20mm f/3.5 with a vari ND.

One thing.... I wish that I could delete individual files.... Right now I can only format the SD card and not selectively delete files... All or nothing....

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

The real unnoticed star is Panasonic's new firmware for their gh4.

A log profile, 4x3 anamoric shooting and 10bit 4.2.2. HDMI out.

Good for it! I don't follow Panasonic, though I have tried the GH4 and it didn't do too much for me.

One thing.... I wish that I could delete individual files.... Right now I can only format the SD card and not selectively delete files... All or nothing....

Yea I read that it was something to do with fragmentation or something. Bullsh!t excuse. If they can't hire really great software people, they should contemplate making their firmware open source, and someone (aka me) would get that done, and quickly. They have a very passionate community.

I have tried the GH4 and it didn't do too much for me.

Its only real talking point is decent 4k files, everything else is pretty meh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii