Computer won't shut down

so recently i decided to clean my watercooling loop, all went well but a bit of water dripped down the motherboard.

I dryed everything out and made sure there was no water so i decided to boot my computer up

Everything was fine, games worked fine. No problems until i decided to shut down my computer. I clicked shut down and everything closed and proceeded to shut down but as soon as it does shuts down it turns back on again straight after.

Tried holding down the power button on my case but same thing happened. Turned off then straight away turned on again.

Was it possible that the water shorted something to cause it?

if so im assuming the only way to fix it is by buying a new motherboard

thanks

Probably, you could always just turn off the PSU everytime you want to shut off your PC, sucks since it works perfectly fine otherwise:/

i dont know anywaays of fixing this you can turn of your PSU everytime BUT dont do it while the PC is working it might damage your components do it when you shut down your PC there should be a gap between shutting down and it turning back on do it in that gap ;)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

This is a sticky situation you are in. 

DISCLAIMER  

Trying this may cause unexpected and unwanted results. 

I would disconnect all leds to the motherboard and take out the motherboard battery afterwards, then leave it for and hour to a half day with no power going through it. Then i would connect every thing back and see if the problem is solved keeping in mind that it may never come back on as sometimes shorts make electronics say a certain way until no power is going through it especially circuit boards. If you try this let me know how it worked out.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

By doing that would that get rid of my overclock? i also found another problem with my harddrive so ill do it asap

By doing that would that get rid of my overclock? i also found another problem with my harddrive so ill do it asap

note the settings you have cuz it might get rid of it but probably wont ;)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

This is a sticky situation you are in. 

DISCLAIMER 

Trying this may cause unexpected and unwanted results. 

I would disconnect all leds to the motherboard and take out the motherboard battery afterwards, then leave it for and hour to a half day with no power going through it. Then i would connect every thing back and see if the problem is solved keeping in mind that it may never come back on as sometimes shorts make electronics say a certain way until no power is going through it especially circuit boards. If you try this let me know how it worked out.

Can't thank you enough buddy, fixed my problem completely, Thank you so much!  :)

Can't thank you enough buddy, fixed my problem completely, Thank you so much!  :)

you could of tried unplugging power supply and holding the on button for 30seconds or so ;D

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Any time.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

i dont know anywaays of fixing this you can turn of your PSU everytime BUT dont do it while the PC is working it might damage your components do it when you shut down your PC there should be a gap between shutting down and it turning back on do it in that gap ;)

It is impossible to damage components by just simply cutting the power, to start up and shutdown a computer a short is created, Windows might not like being shutdown in the middle of doing something but  your components would just think "oh okay time to turn off"