Is it possible to un-jtag an xbox360?

I'm sorry for polluting the forums with this post, some of the things I say will probably make you cringe. You have been warned.

So about 4-6 years ago, my mother bought us an xbox 360. Why? Because she wanted to use it for Dance Central and Just Dance. When she bought it though she had got it J-Tagged. She doesn't believe in buying the games legit and she thinks pirating it is a cheaper option and it would make no difference. Now fast forward to today and it's just pretty much sitting there, collecting dust. Now i'm interested in creating an XBL account and playing online, but the second to the last thing I want is it to get bricked. Now I'm asking you guys, the LTT community, if you know if its even possible to un-jtag an xbox 360? If possible, how?

(upgrading to the next-gen consoles is pretty much not an option for me right now. Unless of course you guys know some sort of way for a 14 yr. old to get some kind of decent paying job.)

Thanks in advance guys.

MY PC: Some random ok-ish laptop

You flash (forgot what exactly) chips on the X360. You can flash it back if you have the old flash data but I don't think you have. If you make an xbox live account you get banned after a while but the console is still usable and you can play games. So yea- I don't think it's possible in you case.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

It's possible to go online with JTAGed Xbox, there's an "Xbox Live Stealth". I'm not sure if you can UnJTAG it, yeah going online with flashed Xbox can be risky.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I think you have to bring it to an xbox repair shop or something to let them install updated software - apparently it's similar to a PC's BIOS. Only did a little bit of research though.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Have you EVER been online with it? Even for a second?

Nope, don't recall me sucessfully getting on the internet connection even. lol

JTAGed Xbox works differently with legit Xbox, it's been flashed modded so.... To be safe bring it to the store and ask them to UnJTAG it (If possible) because there's something added to it, like a chip....

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Then remove the JTAG and you should be fine.

Theoretically you could leave the JTAG because Microsoft doesn't care anymore but I doubt that

How do I do that? That's what I made this thread for. haha

DO YOU EVEN HAVE INTERNET IN YOUR HOUSE???

I wish I could swap my old 360 slim for a jtag one but it would have to be able to connect to xb live

Guys JTAG is a hardware mod not flashing...

Right.... Just checked the definition, it's to run unsigned code, to exploit by modding the hardware.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

DO YOU EVEN HAVE INTERNET IN YOUR HOUSE???

I wish I could swap my old 360 slim for a jtag one but it would have to be able to connect to xb live

Of course I do. Without internet how am I even supposed to get on the forums..

;) DAMN I'm good

Damn straight.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Of course I do. Without internet how am I even supposed to get on the forums..

Right....

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

You need your original nand to flash back to, do you have that? if so yes you can. 

Also console can't be banned.

You need your original nand to flash back to, do you have that? if so yes you can. 

Also console can't be banned.

Ooh I remember this step! When JTAGing your Xbox you "dumped" your old Nand, do you have that?

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia