Budget Graphics Card: 270X or GTX 750 Ti?

Rickafer

I'm looking at picking up a budget Graphics card that can still run games at 1080p with good framerate. I've found the 270X and the 750 Ti for around the same price, which one is better? Also, if you know of any other cards around this price that may be better feel free to let me know! My processor is an i5 4440 and I have 8 GB of ram.

Thanks!

depends on your budget and where you live. but i do think the 270x is stronger overall unless the 750ti's efficiency is that important to you.

270x beats 750TI in every benchmark almost except for power consumption.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

270x ofcourse :D

Thanks for the quick response! I found a Gigabyte Windforce 270X for 150ish, is that a good price? Is there anything better for that price range? Also Game-Debate.com is telling me it can run pretty much every current gen game on high, is that accurate? 

I'm looking at picking up a budget Graphics card that can still run games at 1080p with good framerate. I've found the 270X and the 750 Ti for around the same price, which one is better? Also, if you know of any other cards around this price that may be better feel free to let me know! My processor is an i5 4440 and I have 8 GB of ram.

Thanks!

The R9 270X performs a bit better, but actually needs 1 or 2 6 pin connectors ,where as the 750 Ti doesn't need any.

The 750 Ti is also a bit cooler, so that is something to think about.

Performance or silence + cool + power efficient?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

270x beats 750TI in every benchmark almost except for power consumption.

I have a 500 Watt power supply and with the 270X it only goes up to 375 watts so i'm fine there, would heat be a problem with the Windforce model? I thought those cards had really good cooling

Thanks for the quick response! I found a Gigabyte Windforce 270X for 150ish, is that a good price? Is there anything better for that price range? Also Game-Debate.com is telling me it can run pretty much every current gen game on high, is that accurate? 

I run a Gigabyte R9 270 overclocked. I've heard from multiple places that the 270x is basically just an OCd 270, and I can run everything at about Medium. But yes, it is a good card for the price.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

270X. Honestly though, I think the price of a brand new 270X is equivalent to the price of a used 280X.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I have a 500 Watt power supply and with the 270X it only goes up to 375 watts so i'm fine there, would heat be a problem with the Windforce model? I thought those cards had really good cooling

- Good price

- Nothing really better in that price range

- Yeah, some newer games will have to be turned down to Medium, but you can still play it all pretty good.

- The Windforce design is know for being not as hot, very true. 

- What kind of PSU do you have? Is it perhaps 50 plus bronze, gold or whatever?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

270X. Honestly though, I think the price of a brand new 270X is equivalent to the price of a used 280X.

Does the 280X see a pretty big jump in performance? Also, what about the regular 280? I've found a few of those on eBay for 160 or so.

- Good price

- Nothing really better in that price range

- Yeah, some newer games will have to be turned down to Medium, but you can still play it all pretty good.

- The Windforce design is know for being not as hot, very true. 

- What kind of PSU do you have? Is it perhaps 50 plus bronze, gold or whatever?

Its an EVGA certified ATX power supply

if getting 270x 280 could be had for much more performance for not much (if any) more or 270 for identical(clock for clock) performance for cheaper

only thing 750Ti has on basically anything above 260x is lower power consumption 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

i went with 750ti cause of no 6pin xD 

so yea only power and nivida feature are  + but still nice card

270x is a really great mid range card.  Cannot recommend it enough.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

You need to be a bit careful with used amd gpu parts for a bit because the last couple generations of parts were being used alot by people to bitcoin mine, and now that it is no longer efficient for gpu to do it they are dumping their old cards. So you might get a card that was barely used or one that was run into the ground 24/7 for months on end.

How do I know if I have a 6 pin connector? My motherboard is a ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard. Does that work with the 270X and 280 etc?

6-pin and 8-pin connectors come from the power supply to give a video more power then the motherboard can normally supply. Look at the images on this item to see what they should look like.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71RiJZRdufL._SL1500_.jpg

What is your current videocard if you have one?My personal rule of thumb unless money is no object, do not bother upgrading unless your going to see double to triple the pure performance. Anything less it is doubtful you will really be able to see in game when playing. 

750ti serves a important market segment. People that have a pre built non gaming system and want to play some games on it now. It is a drop in upgrade for most of those systems which only have 300 watt psu and no pci power connectors from it's psu. And it is not a bad little card,plays games well at 1080p if you drop some of the setting that pound a gpu but give marginal look back.

Now if you have a better psu in your computer, then yes you there are better options for the same price or not much more.

Thanks!

The 750 Ti is closest to a 260X in performance. The 270X is head and shoulders above it.

The only real reason to consider a 750 or 750 Ti is if you absolutely need that supernaturally low power consumption for a small build or something. In an ordinary tower it's a big price premium for not much payoff.