Google Fixes Android Security Flaw

EChondo

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2280406/google-plugs-master-key-security-flaw-afflicting-99-percent-of-android-users

A Google spokesman confirmed to V3 the company has released the patch to core partners and OEMs, but added the firm is yet to see any evidence suggesting the flaw has been actively exploited by cyber criminals. Even with the patch fix released, it will still remain up to manufacturers and partner companies to roll it out to the general public. In the past companies have been slow to release updates to Android.

To summarize. Google is sending a mass patch to all the OEM's and core partners to allow them to update their phones with the patch. So, if you have a slow phone carrier that never updates their phones(Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. etc.), you will most likely still be vulnerable.

On a brighter side, if you root and load a custom ROM on your phone(specifically CyanogenMod), they just released their new ROM and it includes this security fix.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-10-1-1-release

CyanogenMod 10.1.1 Release

Given all the Android security topics in the news, we thought it prudent to issue a follow-up to the 10.1.0 general release, incorporating patches for various vulnerabilities that have since been identified.

At the time of this post, CyanogenMod 10.1.1 releases are building and mirroring to our download portal. The CM 10.1.1 build is purely a security bug-fix release on top of the previous 10.1.0.x code-base. While it does not carry any new features, it does address the following:

• Bug 8219321 aka “MasterKey” exploit (also patched in CM 7 and CM 9 source)

And now...this reminds me of an article a couple months back saying that rooting your phone is just opening more security flaws and risks, well this MAJOR ONE, is fixed day one for people who root and load custom ROM's on their phones. Oh and I'm still waiting for my update from T-Mobile.

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2280406/google-plugs-master-key-security-flaw-afflicting-99-percent-of-android-users

To summarize. Google is sending a mass patch to all the OEM's and core partners to allow them to update their phones with the patch. So, if you have a slow phone carrier that never updates their phones(Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. etc.), you will most likely still be vulnerable.

On a brighter side, if you root and load a custom ROM on your phone(specifically CyanogenMod), they just released their new ROM and it includes this security fix.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-10-1-1-release

And now...this reminds me of an article a couple months back saying that rooting your phone is just opening more security flaws and risks, well this MAJOR ONE, is fixed day one for people who root and load custom ROM's on their phones. Oh and I'm still waiting for my update from T-Mobile.

My GS4 updated today through ATT..Also i heard the only phone that was not vulnerable to this was the GS4..

My GS4 updated today through ATT..Also i heard the only phone that was not vulnerable to this was the GS4..

Oh the irony...

All android phones were infected the GS4 was not excluded good to see they got the fix out though I was not worried don't download a lot on my phone

All android phones were infected the GS4 was not excluded good to see they got the fix out though I was not worried don't download a lot on my phone

Actually according to android authority the GS4 was the only one not vulnerable..I read it on Google Plus yesterday..

And they weren't all infected they were vulnerable to attack..

good work google you fixed it nice and quick but shame to dem slow carriers ... they should push it out quickly 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

And you think the top android website was not payed by Samsung to say that I mean I love my s4 but it's kind of obvious samsung pay people to make their phone look the best no bugs etc :3