GTX 980 sli vs GTX Titan X

Hi guys 

I want your oppinion about this :

what would you recommend to me , 2 gtx 980 or 1 gtx titan X ?

the idea is to play in 4K .

Honestly depends. If you want the single best performance (especially at higher resolutions with ultrawide/4K/surround setups) and have the funds to upgrade later then grab a Titan X and SLI down the road

Edit: but as @CoolaxGaming points out, the 980 SLI would be faster than a single Titan X (if you didn't want to wait around to grab a second one or were running say 1440p or single 4K or something rather than a more demanding setup)

Honestly depends. If you want the single best performance (especially at higher resolutions with ultrawide/4K/surround setups) and have the funds to upgrade later then grab a Titan X and SLI down the road

^THIS.

They perform about the same, the cost about the same, Titan X is only available in reference cooler which can get loud under load so I would definitely go 980 unless you're wanting to SLI the Titan.

You know, if you really want to spend £1600 on GPUs.

They perform about the same, the cost about the same, Titan X is only available in reference cooler which can get loud under load so I would definitely go 980 unless you're wanting to SLI the Titan.

You know, if you really want to spend £1600 on GPUs.

4K or 1440p surround @ ultra doe

Actually, is there any GPU capable of demanding games at ultra in 4K? Or would it be a multi-gpu solution?

4K or 1440p surround @ ultra doe

Actually, is there any GPU capable of demanding games at ultra in 4K? Or would it be a multi-gpu solution?

970 SLI can, 290X CF can, 980 SLI can, Titan X can. Titan X SLI can handle Crysis 3 at 5K, if you want higher minimums and slightly more consistency, Titan X SLI is there but seriously £1600 just on GPUs when £500 can handle the same thing.

970 SLI can, 290X CF can, 980 SLI can, Titan X can. Titan X SLI can handle Crysis 3 at 5K, if you want higher minimums and slightly more consistency, Titan X SLI is there but seriously £1600 just on GPUs when £500 can handle the same thing.

Damn we've moved on fast. I remember when 4K started to be a thing and 600 series cards were crapping themselves on low/med settings. And 700 series weren't much better.

Damn we've moved on fast. I remember when 4K started to be a thing and 600 series cards were crapping themselves on low/med settings. And 700 series weren't much better.

780 SLI and 780 TI should be able to as well, but their vram is slightly on the low end of what I'd be comfortable with. In non-vram bound situations though the GPUs themselves are up to it in SLI, so you can add Titan and Titan Black SLI to the list as well. Not exactly the most cost-conscious of solutions though, Titans.

Hi guys 

I want your oppinion about this :

what would you recommend to me , 2 gtx 980 or 1 gtx titan X ?

i

What resolution?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I don't understand. When did running a game well below 60fps become 4k capable? When a single card can play 4k at 60 fps on average on AAA titles, I'll believe it. I just don't see why we sacrifice FPS for resolution.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

I don't understand. When did running a game well below 60fps become 4k capable? When a single card can play 4k at 60 fps on average on AAA titles, I'll believe it. I just don't see why we sacrifice FPS for resolution.

I don't see why you sacrificed so much money on a Alienware ..

I don't see why you sacrificed so much money on a Alienware ..

I like Alienware lol

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

I like Alienware lol

WHAT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?????????????????????????????

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

the main idea its to play in 4k , and to have easy upgrades in the future , (maybe 2 or 3 years)