Razer Blade?

ThatFatMan1911

So I'll be needing a new computer for college in about 1 1/2 years and I'm looking for something similar to a MacBook Pro but will also run simple games like CS GO, Rust etc. I came across the New Razer Blade Pro and it seems to literally be a MacBook that can game. If you know of something better, tell me. I just figure this is a good option since this is a two-in-one I don't really want to spend money on two computers...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Well, it can definitely run muuuch more than just Rust and CS:GO

Actually, Linus did a video about Blade not a long time ago:

and looks like the 2015 model is even better

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

I suggest you still take the two computer option... just take some cheap ultrabook/tablet+keyboard dock with a 10+ hours battery life for school and buy a proper gaming desktop for gaming.

But that's also because I'm paranoid and wouldn't bring anything worth more than $100 outside of the house.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Maybe the msi GS70 17.3"? I dont know the build qualaty since i have only read about it on the internet. But the specs are similar (better gpu) and its a bit lighter

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Reasons why I would get the blade pro:

-all aluminum, and its black

-macbook thickness, very portable

-17.3" screen (which macbooks dont have) because I have a 15.6" laptop and thats too small for gaming for me

-decent specs (mostly paying for the design though) but the screen is only 1080p so everything will run fine at high

-touchpad on the right (i know everyone says gaming on a touchpad is shit, but I prefer having the option of not carrying a mouse around if im only going to be playing casual games)

also its more convenient to not have one hand under the other while using the keyboard and touchpad at the same time

so thats why I would get the blade pro(which i probably will when i go to uni)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Reasons why I would get the blade pro:

-all aluminum, and its black

-macbook thickness, very portable

-17.3" screen (which macbooks dont have) because I have a 15.6" laptop and thats too small for gaming for me

-decent specs (mostly paying for the design though) but the screen is only 1080p so everything will run fine at high

-touchpad on the right (i know everyone says gaming on a touchpad is shit, but I prefer having the option of not carrying a mouse around if im only going to be playing casual games)

also its more convenient to not have one hand under the other while using the keyboard and touchpad at the same time

so thats why I would get the blade pro(which i probably will when i go to uni)

Yeah I'm starting to become more convinced for the Blade Pro. But what about Qube's suggestion? How does the GS70 compare to the New Blade Pro? Also, does Razer tell us the battery life on it? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Yeah I'm starting to become more convinced for the Blade Pro. But what about Qube's suggestion? How does the GS70 compare to the New Blade Pro? Also, does Razer tell us the battery life on it? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

the GS70 is cheaper, and about the same size and hardware

so the main difference is the chassis design and touchpad

I would recommend the GS70 to someone who cant drop $2500 on a blade pro

the battery life can be found in reviews, just google "blade pro battery life"

keep in mind this is the battery life for the old model, with the 860m not the new 960m which should be more efficient

from what I remember the last time I looked for battery life, its about 2-3 hours on full gaming load, and 6+ for just standard web browsing with low screen brightness

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the MBP can run CS:GO fine and rust to i guess when i see the specs.

altough the problem with the mac would be the temprature overtime, while the blade would have a battery problem on the other hand.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

the GS70 is cheaper, and about the same size and hardware

so the main difference is the chassis design and touchpad

I would recommend the GS70 to someone who cant drop $2500 on a blade pro

the battery life can be found in reviews, just google "blade pro battery life"

keep in mind this is the battery life for the old model, with the 860m not the new 960m which should be more efficient

from what I remember the last time I looked for battery life, its about 2-3 hours on full gaming load, and 6+ for just standard web browsing with low screen brightness

I did a little more searching on the Razer site and why does it seem that the "New Blade" (QHD) is better than the "New Blade Pro"? The standard one is cheaper, has a better display and has a better gpu yet they're charging more for the "Pro" with a 1080p display and a 960. Something doesn't seem right...

I did a little more searching on the Razer site and why does it seem that the "New Blade" (QHD) is better than the "New Blade Pro"? The standard one is cheaper, has a better display and has a better gpu yet they're charging more for the "Pro" with a 1080p display and a 960. Something doesn't seem right...

they look to be about the same price to me...

it depends on the size of storage you buy

the smaller blade does have a higher resolution display and needs a more powerful GPU to drive it

its more similar to a macbook, since its about the same size with the big touchpad

it just depends what you prefer

I prefer a larger screen, and 1080p is enough IMO at 17.5"

the value of 4k is questionable at 24", and 14" is pretty unnecessary IMO

but some people like it so they pay for it

Spoiler

they look to be about the same price to me...

it depends on the size of storage you buy

the smaller blade does have a higher resolution display and needs a more powerful GPU to drive it

its more similar to a macbook, since its about the same size with the big touchpad

it just depends what you prefer

I prefer a larger screen, and 1080p is enough IMO at 17.5"

the value of 4k is questionable at 24", and 14" is pretty unnecessary IMO

but some people like it so they pay for it

Alright well I think I'll most likely go with the 1080p 17" version. Do you think they'll add any improvements as far as hardware goes next year?

Alright well I think I'll most likely go with the 1080p 17" version. Do you think they'll add any improvements as far as hardware goes next year?

no, just update the CPU and GPU like always, which basically gives a bit more performance and a bit longer battery life (because less power)

Spoiler

no, just update the CPU and GPU like always, which basically gives a bit more performance and a bit longer battery life (because less power)

If they put a 980m in it next year do you think it will be capable of running DayZ or ARMA III smoothly?

If they put a 980m in it next year do you think it will be capable of running DayZ or ARMA III smoothly?

pretty sure that would exceed the thermal specifications of the laptop

they would not put a 970 or 980m, they would put the next generation of nvidia GPUs like a 1060 or 1070 or something

but that will likely be in more than one year

Spoiler

The Razer Blade is an excellent option.

Just as an FYI though just about any modern MacBook will run CSGO brilliantly. It's not exactly Battlefield 4.