Static Pressure Fan Help

So I need help with picking some fans for my Design R4. I've got the two stock fans currently (one as intake, one as exhaust). I've removed the top Hard Drive cage and moved the fan up to the top front slot, but its still restricting air flow because of the filter and the door on the front. So, I was thinking about getting 2 static pressure fans, and moving the stock one to the top as another exhaust. I need pointing in the right direction, as I dont have a whole lot to spend, so Noctua's are pretty much out of the question. I've heard good and bad about Corsair's SP fans, and the whole thing seems confusing

TL;DR: Need help picking good, cheap-ish Static Pressure 140mm fans

noctua and noiseblocker are the best, but extremely expensive

corsair fans are also a bit more expensive than usual, but they have good static pressure

the only problem is that the high performance fans are jet engines and quiet fans are still loud

so only get those fans if you have a fan controller and can turn them down to less than 60%

fractal design just released a bunch of R3 fans, which have very good specs, but idk the price yet because I havent seen them on any online stores

i would wait to see the price of those fans because they are quieter than corsair fans

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So I need help with picking some fans for my Design R4. I've got the two stock fans currently (one as intake, one as exhaust). I've removed the top Hard Drive cage and moved the fan up to the top front slot, but its still restricting air flow because of the filter and the door on the front. So, I was thinking about getting 2 static pressure fans, and moving the stock one to the top as another exhaust. I need pointing in the right direction, as I dont have a whole lot to spend, so Noctua's are pretty much out of the question. I've heard good and bad about Corsair's SP fans, and the whole thing seems confusing

TL;DR: Need help picking good, cheap-ish Static Pressure 140mm fans

These are one of the best regarding cost and performance. You can hear them at 12v but it is a air blowing rather than fan noise, i have 4 in my case but at 1000rpm they are inaudible and push plenty of air. I paid $8.99 each last year.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

These are one of the best regarding cost and performance. You can hear them at 12v but it is a air blowing rather than fan noise, i have 4 in my case but at 1000rpm they are inaudible and push plenty of air. I paid $8.99 each last year.

They do look great but I'm UK based, are they easily available here? I could ship them, but then a $9 fan suddenly becomes a $20 fan and I might as well have grabbed a noctua or the like

I'd suggest moving the front fan to the bottom for intake and seeing how that goes first.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd suggest moving the front fan to the bottom for intake and seeing how that goes first.

I will once I get a good SP fan, the stock fan isn't going to push any air through a full hard drive cage. Is it generally better to populate the bottom before the top?

They do look great but I'm UK based, are they easily available here? I could ship them, but then a $9 fan suddenly becomes a $20 fan and I might as well have grabbed a noctua or the like

UK you say eh?

Akasa Apache in the UK, same fan as the Hyperborea but this is the original, the hyperborea is a rosewill re-branding.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Recently bought 2 Phanteks PH-F120MP_BK_PWM for my rad and 2 Silverstone AP121 as intakes and they are working great. I recomend either of those.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I will once I get a good SP fan, the stock fan isn't going to push any air through a full hard drive cage. Is it generally better to populate the bottom before the top?

Trying moving the already existing fan. Static pressure shouldn't be as big of an issue considering the lack of a door or drive cage at the bottom.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Trying moving the already existing fan. Static pressure shouldn't be as big of an issue considering the lack of a door or drive cage at the bottom.

Sorry I don't think I've been clear enough, it was late when I posted this! I do have the bottom hard drive cage installed, with the top one removed, and the R4 has a fairly restricted intake (mesh filter, plastic filter, sound dampener)

Sorry I don't think I've been clear enough, it was late when I posted this! I do have the bottom hard drive cage installed, with the top one removed, and the R4 has a fairly restricted intake (mesh filter, plastic filter, sound dampener)

Reread what I posted.

Reread what I posted.

Ahh my apologies, I completely misread that. Gets a little confusing sometimes. The bottom of this case still uses dust filters, so again, I'm a little wary of using an air flow fan. I've been looking at the Apaches someone recommended, and think I'll be going that route, but if anyone else has any other recommendations that'd be great! Thanks guys!

Ahh my apologies, I completely misread that. Gets a little confusing sometimes. The bottom of this case still uses dust filters, so again, I'm a little wary of using an air flow fan. I've been looking at the Apaches someone recommended, and think I'll be going that route, but if anyone else has any other recommendations that'd be great! Thanks guys!

Again, try moving the front fan to the bottom for intake. At least the bottom doesn't have a door in the way and generally has access to cooler air.

Again, try moving the front fan to the bottom for intake. At least the bottom doesn't have a door in the way and generally has access to cooler air.

How much air will be pulled from there though? My case is on a desk, but there isn't a whole lot of clearance

How much air will be pulled from there though? My case is on a desk, but there isn't a whole lot of clearance

It should be quite a bit more air than pulling from the front.

It should be quite a bit more air than pulling from the front.

Alright I'll give that a bash then, thank you! Is it worth keeping the bottom fan mount populated at all times? In which case, with what kind of fan? Static Pressure?

Alright I'll give that a bash then, thank you! Is it worth keeping the bottom fan mount populated at all times? In which case, with what kind of fan? Static Pressure?

Whether it's worth it and what kind of fan is useful depends on what's being cooled. If you're referring to bottom intake vs front intake, having the fan at the bottom should be better in this case.