Need feedback on wooden case design

Go to solution Solved by Albert1998,

Finally had some time to draw the cpu cooler. The project will start next weekend by picking up all the wood. The exterior will stay as it is right now. If I end up not liking it anymore or just want something else, I can just make a new exterior thanks to the double frame design :). The internals are not 100% definite yet. 

What no matter what happens this will be able to go in this build:

- Intel i5-4690k (from prev. build)

- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z97 (from prev. build)

- Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming 3,5GB (from prev. build)

- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133ghz zilver (from prev. build)

- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (from prev. build)

- Silverstone SX-500LG

What would be realy awesome to have in this build and what I will try to arrange:

- Same CPU

- Another MB because of the red accents on the Sniper

- Gigabyte GTX980ti G1 Gaming 6GB, the silver accents on the GPU fit this build so perfectly, its almost as if the GPU was designed for this build

- Corsair Dominator Platinums (original memory is also ok because of the silver strips, but you know > platinums :) )

- Corsair Neutron XT 250GB x2

- Same PSU

Cooling will be done with Be Quiet! products:

- Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP CPU cooler, fits like a glove in this build

- 7x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 80mm

- All connected to an Aquaero 5 LT!

Lighting:

- 2x 30cm RGB LED strip on the inside (left and right side of the left side panel)

- 110 cm RGB LED strip on the outside of the inner frame (for the cool lighting effects on the outside)

- All connected to an Aqua Computer Farbwerk controller (So I for example can let the LEDS react to my CPU temperature, pretty sick!)

There will be a buildlog on the LTT forums :) 

gallery_78571_2837_33875.jpggallery_78571_2837_47919.jpggallery_78571_2837_129320.jpggallery_78571_2837_441142.jpg

I did some more interior work. I am currently deciding what colour would be the best for the sleeved cables. I wont post/reply for the next 5 days because i will be on vacation.

gallery_78571_2837_99719.pnggallery_78571_2837_258883.pnggallery_78571_2837_59678.png

Crazy Custom Wooden Case Project: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LN8KHx

Looks nice, but that Titan is kinda not matching, not good or bad but I think it would be interesting to maybe vinyl that baby

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Looks nice, but that Titan is kinda not matching, not good or bad but I think it would be interesting to maybe vinyl that baby

Does a reference 980 look better?

gallery_78571_2837_319546.jpggallery_78571_2837_118293.jpg

I mean you show off the GPU as the most important thing, if you want it its fine.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

I mean you show off the GPU as the most important thing, if you want it its fine.

I did not intend to show the gpu off as the most important feature of the build, but you have to admit: reference nvidia coolers look awesome. The gpu has to stand vertically so the case can be thinner (the case is only 11cm!) and it shows off so much because I also want a large window. And what exactly did you mean with 'vinyl that baby'?

I did not intend to show the gpu off as the most important feature of the build, but you have to admit: reference nvidia coolers look awesome. The gpu has to stand vertically so the case can be thinner (the case is only 11cm!) and it shows off so much because I also want a large window. And what exactly did you mean with 'vinyl that baby'?

I see, you know instead of painting it with spray paint, you could use plastidip or simple vinyl stickers to color it matching

I see, you know instead of painting it with spray paint, you could use plastidip or simple vinyl stickers to color it matching

What colour did you have in mind?

What colour did you have in mind?

Maybe that some strips of that yellow

looks good

Can imagine this to look very nice

I changed the colour of the sleeved cables, does this look better? I think it does. 

Yeah really looks sharp

Gorgeous! The only build where those brown Noctua fans will look good! haha

Can I ask what you're planning on putting inside of this?

If Asus and corsair are going to help me out the following:

- Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2

- Intel i5 4690k

- nvidia gtx 980 reference

- 16gb Corsair dominator platinum

- corsair neutron xt ssd

- Silverstone sx-500-LG psu

If not, this will be used:

- gigabyte g1 sniper z97

- Intel i5 4690k

- gigabyte gtx 970 gaming

- 8gb corsair vengeance pro

- Samsung 840 evo

- Silverstone sx-500-lg

If Asus and corsair are going to help me out the following:

- Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2

- Intel i5 4690k

- nvidia gtx 980 reference

- 16gb Corsair dominator platinum

- corsair neutron xt ssd

- Silverstone sx-500-LG psu

If not, this will be used:

- gigabyte g1 sniper z97

- Intel i5 4690k

- gigabyte gtx 970 gaming

- 8gb corsair vengeance pro

- Samsung 840 evo

- Silverstone sx-500-lg

Without the intention of sounding like your average internet troll and coming over like a douchebag, but what do you have that you think will tempt ASUS and Corsair to give you roughly a thousand pound of tech?

Without the intention of sounding like your average internet troll and coming over like a douchebag, but what do you have that you think will tempt ASUS and Corsair to give you roughly a thousand pound of tech?

Give me a link to a build comparable to this one. 

And that is why.

This is special and innovative. 

I went to the woodshop yesterday and they had a lovely wooden panel, it looked somewhat like this:

Bladeiken01.jpg

I immediately made a design. In my opinion it looks great. However, the pc wil be 25mm thicker when I use these panel. But they will dampen sounds from within the case much better.

gallery_78571_2837_178093.jpg

This panel looks way to thick, you should be fine with .5 cm wood

This panel looks way to thick, you should be fine with .5 cm wood

actually, the panel is only 18mm thick. But the case is so small it looks like way more. But I kind of agree with you, 3,6 and 5,5mm should do.