Any solutions for a PC in a smoking environment?

Jedicake

I can only recommend air filters and/or not smoking in the same room as the computer and/or just smoking by the window instead of in the computer chair.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Show your sister this creepy ass Indian anti-smoking commercial:

if you are really concerned.

Could always build/mod a ventilated cabinet for your pc complete with filtered intake that use a filter that will remove most of the smoke.

Really what smoker would smoke in there own home all it takes is clean the windows and curtains once and you would never do it again 

go outside and smoke!!!

I'm assuming filters for intake don't help at all... Do air purifiers work?

Smoke always rises, put it on the ground maybe? (If that doesn't hurt it anymore with dust n stuff).

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

I should probably clarify and say that I don't smoke. I was planning on building a budget PC for my sister, and she smokes in her room. I'll look into these carbon filters

Tell your sister that radioactive lead is not good for her lungs, you can easily replace PC hardware, but you can't easily replace lungs.

But yeah, those carbon filters could protect the PC.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Tell your sister that radioactive lead is not good for her lungs, you can easily replace PC hardware, but you can't easily replace lungs.

Haha as if I haven't tried that before :P I imagine smoking is incredibly difficult to rationalize a reason to give up. I can't judge too much. I can't rationalize a reason to stop eating so much junk food

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Haha as if I haven't tried that before :P I imagine smoking is incredibly difficult to rationalize a reason to give up. I can't judge too much. I can't rationalize a reason to stop eating so much junk food

It is. You could at least try to get them to smoke with the window open or out of the room when possible.

It's not the same for everyone to just give up. I know its cons, and I'm trying, I've moved to a vape, but I still have the craving for a cig every time I eat or use the restroom, or wake up.

reward yourself for not smoking 3 days in a row, for me, rewards help with everything :D

You could use the windows make a draft which then blows the smoke out keeping the room nice? Just an idea :D

You could use the windows make a draft which then blows the smoke out keeping the room nice? Just an idea :D

Or even better, hang your PC out the window :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Or even better, hang your PC out the window :D

Yes make your station out side the window.

Yes make your station out side the window.

Exactly!

Or just put your PC in the garden,

I am full of great solutions

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Exactly!

Or just put your PC in the garden,

I am full of great solutions

It get dirty there doe 

It get dirty there doe 

Pfft put it on the table :3

plastic-garden-table.jpg

You can buy the material that they use for cooker hood filters on a popular auction website.

xD those chairs doe such comfy much nice...

put a cushion on it sheesh do I have to think of everything

I mean you could buy a better one, but that money can buy more games or drugs :D

put a cushion on it sheesh do I have to think of everything

I mean you could buy a better one, but that money can buy more games or drugs :D

home-office-chair-cushion-182.jpg

SNIP

outdoor-office-thumb-480xauto-17061.jpg

Carbon filters if your sister doesn't have a room she doesn't smoke in. The cool thing is that you can create your own for dirt cheap, too. I've seen people do it with window screening or nets, cut up plastic (hard) and activated filter carbon (you know, stuff for aquariums). I have seen people use two dryer sheets taped onto the outside of the fans to stop both the actual gunk and the smell, as well.

It's not the same for everyone to just give up. I know its cons, and I'm trying, I've moved to a vape, but I still have the craving for a cig every time I eat or use the restroom, or wake up.

My parents smoked since they were teenagers and tried various times to quit using all sorts of options, including electronic cigs, and could not get rid of the craving which always brought them back to cigs. I can tell you know vaping is not going to help you, because it isn't trying to wane you off it is trying to keep you smoking. I know it will be tough, I've seen it first hand, but you really need to give up the vape too. In about three months you will lose that craving. It might help with the craving to drink less coffee and more tea, too.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |