NZXT does it right

To start off this review has nothing to do with the performance of  Nzxt's products.I have recently purchased a couple nzxt products. Namely the switch 810 and a Sentry 2 fan controller. I have yet to complete the build in question but I do have a story to relate to the community as to my incredible experience with Nzxt customer service / support. 

I bought my case from Canada Computers. They had to ship the case from one store to another for me and it was damaged in shipping. It was literally the only one they would be able to get for me for weeks.The case is only damaged on the right side panel and would not be too visible to me and I was getting the case at a good price due to a sale at the time. Crappy computers refused to do anything for me even though I had prepaid the case weeks before only to be handed a damaged case.They would not rebate the case or give me a deal on the same case in another color. Rather than wait who knows how long for them to get me a replacement case in, while my other parts were arriving in just days. I took the damaged case as is.

Days later on a whim while browsing the Nzxt website I decided to click on live chat and related the above to the representative. The next thing I know the very knowledgeable rep has me taking a couple quick pics of the damage and sending them to him right away along with a pic of my invoice. Not two minutes later he is back on  the live chat with me asking for my shipping address to send me a replacement panel ! Even though it was admittedly damaged by the store! 

Now if that was the end of it, it would already be my best interaction with any support rep ever! However it doesn't end there . We then get into talking about a cool fan controller for my build.  I chose the Nzxt Sentry 2 and asked if I could buy it direct from them on their site. He asked me to wait a minute while he throws a couple up on the site for sale!! Never have I seen this before. He even made the price really attractive. Sadly I did not buy it direct from them because duties and international shipping are a b*tch. He also recommended for me a pwm splitter from swiftech( Nzxt does not make one yet) because I had told him I have bought 4 140mm noctua pwm fans for my rad. Recommending a direct competitor!!  

The rep I was speaking with is obviously highly involved within the company and was very knowledgeable, polite, honest and helpful. I have not found this to be anywhere near the norm for companies in this area  and only hope that more of them choose this approach.  

All in all knowing that they  provide this level of support  I am left feeling very comfortable with my NZXT purchases and if my experience is not just an anomly  I would suggest all of you should too.

NZXT SWITCH 810~MSI Z87GD65~THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER GRAND 750W~I7-4770K @ 4.2~MSI GTX770 GAMING EDITION~16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RED CL9~CORSAIR H110 WITH 4 NOCTUA 140MM PWM~SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB~WD GREEN 2TB~NZXT SENTRY2 FAN CONTROLLER~BITFENIX SLEEVED CABLE KITS BLACK AND RED ~  COOLER MASTER CM STORM TRIGGER CHERRY MX BLUE~LOGITECH G500 ~SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER  BX2450 LED~ CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2000 

Not only do they make awesome cases (I own the original Phantom, my personal favorite), but awesome customer service too? Sweet :D.

I use their PSU's too. I don't know. I just like NZXT.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

They have a bit of everything and if they make it then they make it good and they have a nice name calling out mushkin. Anyways hopefully I can get a phantom 410 soon and enjoy the nzxt goodness.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Love my case from them, got a windowed one source 210 for my sister's build and she loves hers too. Never a bad experience.

I recently ordered a Sentry mix 2 fan controller.I placed my order on July 2nd and was promised i would receive it July 3rd since i was using Fedex Overnight.Well later that day i got a call stating they had a big order to fill and they could not ship out my controller until July 3rd and i would get it July 4th..I said ok.

Well i thought about it and remembered Its 4th of July and Fedex is not open..So i contacted them July 3rd and let them know this..They said they were sorry and would refund all my shipping charges of $14 and get it to me by July 5th..So i got my controller and it worked great..

So monday rolls around and i was still not refunded my money so i chatted with them..Seems They forgot that conversation and i talked to the manager and was told he would make sure i got my money back by today..He sent me a refund email for $6..I was suppose to get $14.So i replied and let him know i was tired of all the BS i have had to go through and all the broken promises..So i got sent another refiund email saying $8 for the total of $14..

Well here we are 8 days after my order and i still have not got my refund..I was lied to about when i would get my product twice and now lied to 3 times about a refund for shipping.. So for me i love the Fan Controller but they seem to lie alot...

I don't care about the money its the principle..They lied to me just to get me to buy a item and promised me it would ship out same day..Then it was followed by more and more lies.. 

NZXT cases looks cool only thing they need to do is to have a bigger side window for godsake!

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

NZXT cases looks cool only thing they need to do is to have a bigger side window for godsake!

have you seen the Switch 810?? huge side window. And imho the new phantom  530 has a nicely placed large window. 

NZXT SWITCH 810~MSI Z87GD65~THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER GRAND 750W~I7-4770K @ 4.2~MSI GTX770 GAMING EDITION~16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RED CL9~CORSAIR H110 WITH 4 NOCTUA 140MM PWM~SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB~WD GREEN 2TB~NZXT SENTRY2 FAN CONTROLLER~BITFENIX SLEEVED CABLE KITS BLACK AND RED ~  COOLER MASTER CM STORM TRIGGER CHERRY MX BLUE~LOGITECH G500 ~SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER  BX2450 LED~ CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2000 

I recently ordered a Sentry mix 2 fan controller.I placed my order on July 2nd and was promised i would receive it July 3rd since i was using Fedex Overnight.Well later that day i got a call stating they had a big order to fill and they could not ship out my controller until July 3rd and i would get it July 4th..I said ok.

Well i thought about it and remembered Its 4th of July and Fedex is not open..So i contacted them July 3rd and let them know this..They said they were sorry and would refund all my shipping charges of $14 and get it to me by July 5th..So i got my controller and it worked great..

So monday rolls around and i was still not refunded my money so i chatted with them..Seems They forgot that conversation and i talked to the manager and was told he would make sure i got my money back by today..He sent me a refund email for $6..I was suppose to get $14.So i replied and let him know i was tired of all the BS i have had to go through and all the broken promises..So i got sent another refiund email saying $8 for the total of $14..

Well here we are 8 days after my order and i still have not got my refund..I was lied to about when i would get my product twice and now lied to 3 times about a refund for shipping.. So for me i love the Fan Controller but they seem to lie alot...

I don't care about the money its the principle..They lied to me just to get me to buy a item and promised me it would ship out same day..Then it was followed by more and more lies.. 

That sounds like a clusterf*ck. 

have you seen the Switch 810?? huge side window. And imho the new phantom  530 has a nicely placed large window. 

are they realsed? O.o

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

well i dont like full towers anyway i think mid towers are way better cuz it doesnt look empty inside where as full tower mobo seems small and there are alot of empty space in the case..no thanks

are they realsed? O.o

Yup, Switch 810 is very old, a couple years I think. 

The 530 just got released a month or two ago.

I have had the same experience with NZXT, the fan controller on my Phantom 410 keeps on making a high pitched whine, so I contacted them. I had a new one in my hands a week later. 

Sadly, the next one made the same noise so I contacted them again. This time the guy sent me another controller and some fans because he said that they might be the problem not the controller. supposed to get them next week. He let me know that I should contact them again if the same problem occurs again! Best customer service EVER. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Yup, Switch 810 is very old, a couple years I think. 

The 530 just got released a month or two ago.

the 530 doesnt look bad but like i sad i dont like full towers i like mid-towers

i lost all of my switch 810 5.25" bay covers becuase i had lots of 5.25" devices i sent an email to nzxt asking if there was anywhere i could buy replacements. they sent me a complete set free of charge.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I really like some of NZXT products.

However, one problem I do have is that you have to buy their 200mm fans?

I had a spare I wanted to give to my friend and it didn't fit!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

My only valid comment is be gentle with the quick release setup and keep it away from dust, the rubberised  plastic really attracts dust even the black.
Literally the only possible compaint you could have with that case. its solid as and makes 7970's look like a small gpu :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."