AMD R9 390x Rumors

As most of you do know AMD is working on there 300 series cards and the big talk out of this is the highly anticipated R9 390x card that is set to launch sometime this summer. The alleged specs for this new GPU is very interesting and I myself can't wait to see Nvidia's powerhouse Titan X go up against the R9 390x by AMD in the biggest showdown ever. These are some of the rumored specs for the R9 390x

AMD R9 390X Specs:

Stream Processors: 4,096

Engine Clock: Up to 1,050 MHz

Compute Performance: 8.6 TFLOPS

Memory Configuration: Up to 8GB HBM/ 4,096-bit

HBM modules clocked at: 1.25Ghz

Power Connectors; 1 x 6-pin, 1 x 8-pin/ 2 x 8-pin

PCI-E Standard: 3.0

AMD True Audio: Yes

API Support: Directx12,OpenGL 4.5, Mantle

With the specs out the way AMD is introducing something called HBM (High Bandwidth Memory) and this is supposedly the new leap in video memory technology. With HBM we get a wide memory interface, high performance at lower clock speeds. If all this is true I honestly will be considering in purchasing this card for my personal gaming rig. I would also, like to know if you guys are hype for this new card and AMD 300 Series and if you are considering in purchasing the R9 390x. (No disrespectful comments please, lets keep it professional :P  

post-221272-0-83133900-1428709479.jpg

you seen this?

a9CqJk6.jpg

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

you seen this?

If that's real, then amd 300 series = Nvidia killer.

But I doubt it is accurate.

hope its as good as the rumours say. need more competition in the gpu market right now. i would be very interested to see how this card handles surround 1440p gaming or surround 4k in 2 or 3 way crossfire. fingers crossed that it will kick ass

I want to buy it BUT, I'm planning on going on a mini-itx route since I don't have space for the big cases I love (looking at you 780T from corsair). So if it gets the heat and tempreatures and size stays within range, I'll buy it and run the heck out of it. If not, a GTX 980 is nothing to scuff at ether. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

hope its as good as the rumours say. need more competition in the gpu market right now. i would be very interested to see how this card handles surround 1440p gaming or surround 4k in 2 or 3 way crossfire. fingers crossed that it will kick ass

the GPU market has fine competition, that's why we're talking about this.

the CPU market needs more competition. seriously. AMD isn't making CPUs anymore and no one cares. WTF? why APUs that suck?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

It's taking so damn long though. Somehow I think that there's the possibility AMD might not be able to deliver. And if they don't deliver it's only getting harder to deliver. And if they do deliver and it's not right, they're basically writing themselves a death sentence. 

Just a nagging thought though. Take that as you may. Perhaps they are just waiting for DX 12. Could be. 

you seen this?

a9CqJk6.jpg

Yeah. If that is true than this card might destory the titan x

Yeah me to man. It's better if there is a big competition because we end up winning in the long run.

the GPU market has fine competition, that's why we're talking about this.

the CPU market needs more competition. seriously. AMD isn't making CPUs anymore and no one cares. WTF? why APUs that suck?

i'd like it if gpu and cpu markets had more competition. in the end, its still a win for the consumers

me want benchmarks, no specs, everyone can lie like nvidia

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

People are actually hoping for the 390x to be somewhere around $500-600?. Guys, it's 8GB of HBM in a 20nm chip and you think it's going to cost the same as the 290x when it's launched? They would lose money instead of gaining. But hopefully (crosses fingers), I'm wrong. I just can't see the card having that kind of specs sells at a really low price.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Damn I might buy R9 390X in the future :3 not sure about the price.....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

$549 for the 4 Gb version. The 8 Gb version will probably be $649 or $700. I'd still get the 4GB version though if I could. Same card...won't see any benefit from 8 Gb until 2 years from now (in games) when there will be 16mm process.

Pascal will be in 2016 sometime. The new memory bandwidth will probably kill this gens cards and make them seem slow if memory bandwidth means anything in games. Heck...the specs seem absolutely ridiculous. What isn't AMD showing us?