Stick with GTX660ti SLI or upgrade to single GTX970?

Go to solution Solved by Toxicnitr8,

They have about the same raw performance.

If you only play games that only make use of one GPU Buy the 970.

But if most of the games you play can make use of SLI you should stick with the 660 ti's.

If you should upgrade, You should go with a 980 or Titan X, Those the only ones that gives a significant performance increase.

Stick out until maxwell refresh is what I would do (1000 series) you wont gain that much performance, if you have perfect scaling (exactly double with 2 cards) then there is no point in the 970 performance wise.

Just stick with 660ti sli for now there not's really a point for upgrading right now. The 300 series from amd is coming soon anyways.

with dx12 coming i woluld keep the 660ti's. it rumoed that dx12 can treat SLI/Xfire card's as a single card

You can probably sell each of the cards for like... 160 bucks?

If you can then you can get 970 no problem or some new AMD cards, if you wanna wait a little.

What you get? Similar performance, newer tech (shadowplay, async shaders, ...) and 3.5gb of vram.

And its new.

The 970 is about 30%+ better performance.  How do I know?  Cos I used to have dual 7950's and the 970 is slightly faster.  7950 = GTX 670 > 660 Ti

Thanks for all the help guys !! Much appreciated ! I'm gonna stick it out till the 300 / 1000 series and DX12 , going with a 980 or Titan X is just too pricey for the performance upgrade for me .

Hi Guys , 

It says it all in the title , what do you think is the better option in terms of bang for my buck , 

Should I stick it out till the next set of cards , or upgrade now ?

Thanks  :)

Dylan

But if most of the games you play can make use of SLI you should stick with the 660 ti's.

If you should upgrade, You should go with a 980 or Titan X, Those the only ones that gives a significant performance increase.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Stick out until maxwell refresh is what I would do (1000 series) you wont gain that much performance, if you have perfect scaling (exactly double with 2 cards) then there is no point in the 970 performance wise.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Just stick with 660ti sli for now there not's really a point for upgrading right now. The 300 series from amd is coming soon anyways.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

If you can then you can get 970 no problem or some new AMD cards, if you wanna wait a little.

What you get? Similar performance, newer tech (shadowplay, async shaders, ...) and 3.5gb of vram.

And its new.

The 970 is about 30%+ better performance.  How do I know?  Cos I used to have dual 7950's and the 970 is slightly faster.  7950 = GTX 670 > 660 Ti

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

with dx12 coming i woluld keep the 660ti's. it rumoed that dx12 can treat SLI/Xfire card's as a single card

And its new.

Thanks for all the help guys !! Much appreciated ! I'm gonna stick it out till the 300 / 1000 series and DX12 , going with a 980 or Titan X is just too pricey for the performance upgrade for me .