Which multimonitor setup is better in your own experience?

BananaNinja
Go to solution Solved by Hans Christian | Teri,

3 of the size, make and model. If you can't afford it now start by buying one. You will regret not doing it down the line if you go with another option.

So I currently have a single 24" monitor and don't plan to get rid of it but to help productivity I'm thinking of getting more monitors

I don't want to spend a lot of money and my choice has now come down to this

Option A - One Large 27" monitor as primary and old 24" monitor as a secondary
Option B - Two 21.5" monitors surrounding old 24" monitor

I don't care about multimonitors for gaming (or i'd get slim bezel monitors of the same size)
but in your own experience is bigger better? or should I go for smaller but more workspace (all are same resolution)

Look I made a diagram yay!

30t6gb9.jpg

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

Since you're not gaming, I would go for option B, because why not? More space for web pages etc...

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I would go with option B. 1080p doesn't look that great on 27". Also a dual display setup with different sized screens looks kinda stupid.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

3 of the size, make and model. If you can't afford it now start by buying one. You will regret not doing it down the line if you go with another option.

under 24" sucks and 1080p on a 27"sucks too.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

That would be a dream but I don't want to spend that much on getting a perfect setup

options B is actually cheaper than getting even 1 more of my current monitor so to me it's a lot more feasible

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

That would be a dream but I don't want to spend that much on getting a perfect setup

options B is actually cheaper than getting even 1 more of my current monitor so to me it's a lot more feasible

I've warned you. :)

I've warned you. :)

hey good news, I managed to get two of the same monitors I have now (so lucky) but it's the best