Legendary gpus

grayblizzard

Any triple slot GPU.

Something about the shear bulk these things had was awesome.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

The following is simply my opinion:

NVIDIA's 8800GTX

3dfx's Voodoo series

NVIDIA's TNT series

ATI's 3D Rage

NVIDIA's GTX 580

NVIDIA's GTX 295

EVGA's GTX 460 2Win

I agree there, the 8800GTX I had that beast, even bought a second one for like 50$ won on eBay auction and now realized that I never had an SLI bridge or was anything enabling SLI. So it was there looking pretty I guess.

The 580M was also a beast.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

Ps: any one else misses how cool the boxes looked back in the early 2000. Nostalgic tears forming.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

9800 Pro, 8800 GTS, 4870, 5850/70... those were pretty damn good. After that, everything has been quite a bit less spectacular. R9 290 launched at a terrific price, but we all know what miners did to that, and well, the reference cooler. GTX 780 was pretty cool but it wasn't really a game-changer, either. Perhaps the 560 Ti, but meh.

GTX 680 was nvidia getting ahead and releasing 256-bit bus flagships, Titan was the beginning of delay-sanely-priced-high-end-GPUs-and-get-the-most-money-out-of-the-market-until-competition-catches-up... I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of people bought Titan's because they just thought that GTX 780 wasn't just meant to be.

Sure there's been some decent stuff but nothing that made me rub my eyes. I literally saw nothing but 8800 GTS recommendations and AMD being labeled as carbage until 4000-series came around, and 5000-series was a jackpot in terms of performance (you couldn't find a card at the original MSRP even without a mining boom)... then again, what would you buy? The indefinitely-delayed GTX 480?