Headphone prices thoughts?

A.D.A.M

whoa... The one seller that sells it in the site im looking at sells it for $343

AKG is rather unpopular in the country, even for audiophiles as most go with sennheiser or grado

AKG is rather unpopular in the country, even for audiophiles as most go with sennheiser or grado

you're rather knowledgeable of the situation in Asia. Mind giving me a summary of the tech situation.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

you're rather knowledgeable of the situation in Asia. Mind giving me a summary of the tech situation.

I'm an asian *doh* and lived there before, so I kinda know a bit about the situation. Currently i believe electronic prices are inflated because of the strong USD's exchange value

I'm an asian *doh* and lived there before, so I kinda know a bit about the situation. Currently i believe electronic prices are inflated because of the strong USD's exchange value

that makes both of us :). Almost 5yrs of not living in asia, but what 5th grader knows anything about economics. (okay there probably is one, i just suck :P)

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

that makes both of us :). Almost 5yrs of not living in asia, but what 5th grader knows anything about economics. (okay there probably is one, i just suck :P)

There's also @creatip123

#asianunite

from what i see its max 80bucks more from amazons 299. Cheapest 349.i'm not buying anything anytime soon unfortunately, thats why i just want headphones to keep in mind.From what i can see its the Sennheisers that get jacked up the most.

Problem is, 300 is on the top end of what I'd pay for the X2. Haven't tried it personally so maybe I'm just being stingy, but I'd like to see it under/around $250 in the US. The price they're asking could easily get you a used HD 650 over here.

whoa... The one seller that sells it in the site im looking at sells it for $343

so... it's not $190 anymore?

Problem is, 300 is on the top end of what I'd pay for the X2. Haven't tried it personally so maybe I'm just being stingy, but I'd like to see it under/around $250 in the US. The price they're asking could easily get you a used HD 650 over here.

so... it's not $190 anymore?

q701. K612 is still that price,priciest being $210. I'm gonna demo the units first.https://m.facebook.com/StarsPickerAudio. This seems to be one place that have dem units. Even have hd 800s and 650s.the 650s were $400, now increasing to around $500

q701. K612 is still that price,priciest being $210. I'm gonna demo the units first.https://m.facebook.com/StarsPickerAudio. This seems to be one place that have dem units. Even have hd 800s and 650s.the 650s were $400, now increasing to around $500

Check the prices for hifiman HE-400i or HE-400, they could be cheaper since they're shipped from china

Check the prices for hifiman HE-400i or HE-400, they could be cheaper since they're shipped from china

$346 for he 400. They even have a demo unit in store.

There's also @creatip123

#asianunite

There are a few other members from Indonesia tho. Already found 3 or 4 so far....

$346 for he 400. They even have a demo unit in store.

The only bad thing about he400 is the weight. Try it in store, and if you like it, order directly from head-direct.com for $299 + shipping. It's refurbished, because it's discontinued, but don't worry, their refurbished is indistinguishable from new. 

Too bad, a few months back, they sell he400 for $250 + a hard case bonus.

There are a few other members from Indonesia tho. Already found 3 or 4 so far....

The only bad thing about he400 is the weight. Try it in store, and if you like it, order directly from head-direct.com for $299 + shipping. It's refurbished, because it's discontinued, but don't worry, their refurbished is indistinguishable from new. 

Too bad, a few months back, they sell he400 for $250 + a hard case bonus.

he 400s are planer magnetic drivers yeah? (not like i know what that means)

he 400s are planer magnetic drivers yeah? (not like i know what that means)

It means they're heavy

It means they're heavy

ah duly noted.

Sometimes it's worth it to buy from sellers in other countries and have it shipped to you. I know Japan usually has decent prices and you can try to get something shipped from the US. 

Well, thank you @creatip123 @ShearMe @SSL @xtroria for taking the time to help me :). I'll keep all of them in mind. Probably will go with k612 to start with when i get cash.

Sometimes it's worth it to buy from sellers in other countries and have it shipped to you. I know Japan usually has decent prices and you can try to get something shipped from the US.

ah ok ill keep that in mind also.

Check my sig....

yeah i already read the full thing *whistle* 400gg

You could try out varieties of headphones in this shop called Jaben. I know they have a branch in SS 15 Subang jaya and in NuCentral Mall. Link> http://jaben.com.my/contact-us. Imo it's best to go to the NuCentral branch as I find that place to be less crowded and easier to reach. Another shop (more of a house really) you can test varieties of headphones is somewhere in Kepong. Quite close to my place but I totally forgot the name and address of the company. Jaben is still your best option imo. Bring your own music player and amp if you have. If not they can provide you with those. I'm Msian btw. 

Edit: Jaben actually has an online store if you need price comparisons. 

You could try out varieties of headphones in this shop called Jaben. I know they have a branch in SS 15 Subang jaya and in NuCentral Mall. Link> http://jaben.com.my/contact-us. Imo it's best to go to the NuCentral branch as I find that place to be less crowded and easier to reach. Another shop (more of a house really) you can test varieties of headphones is somewhere in Kepong. Quite close to my place but I totally forgot the name and address of the company. Jaben is still your best option imo. Bring your own music player and amp if you have. If not they can provide you with those. I'm Msian btw.

Edit: Jaben actually has an online store if you need price comparisons.

i know there's a shop called Starpickers that offer demos. Somewhere in kota damansara

i know there's a shop called Starpickers that offer demos. Somewhere in kota damansara

Never heard of the shop before but by the look from their fb page, they probably sell more of those enthusiast high ends headphones and amps while Jaben cater to the more mainstream user but they still do have high ends stuffs. Try visit both first and try everything they offer. Don't rush with your purchase. 

Never heard of the shop before but by the look from their fb page, they probably sell more of those enthusiast high ends headphones and amps while Jaben cater to the more mainstream user but they still do have high ends stuffs. Try visit both first and try everything they offer. Don't rush with your purchase.

haha no worries i wont rush. Have you ever used a site called lelong.com.my

haha no worries i wont rush. Have you ever used a site called lelong.com.my

No.I don't trust that website at all. Too many scammers. I usually use the Lowyat forum trade zone and Lazada. But you still have to be careful in Lowyat forum as there is still some risk with scammers.

No.I don't trust that website at all. Too many scammers. I usually use the Lowyat forum trade zone and Lazada. But you still have to be careful in Lowyat forum as there is still some risk with scammers.

so even people with high ratings can be scammers. For example the starpickers shop do business on lelong, and they also seem to have a thread on the lowyat forums. ? I have no idea of the tech situation in malaysia.i used the search engine in lazada to search akg k612, and it gives me everything but that headphone...

so even people with high ratings can be scammers? I have no idea of the tech situation in malaysia.

It can be a hit and miss thing in Lelong and Lowyat forum but it is more rampant in Lelong from what I read. I think they keep a list of all the known scammers of both sites in the Lowyat forum. You'd be surprised how many scammers are there in Malaysia. Check this out. https://forum.lowyat.net/DisputeResolutionCorner

Considering you are not that familiar with buying online in Msia, for peace of mind purchasing expensive brand new headphone, I suggest you just buy it from those 2 shops mentioned earlier. At least they know their stuffs and can offer you support and service should you need any. Also you might be able to do trading/swap with the audio community there.