AntLion ModMic 4.0 $71 CAD... wth

I was interested in this product to slap onto my siberia v2 since the mic stopped working

HOWEVER on Massdrop this little thing totals to $71 CAD after shipping, taxes and the exchange rate.....

Any Canadian deals around? this is too expensive

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

I paid $50 for mine and just had a relative bring it to me from the states :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was interested in this product to slap onto my siberia v2 since the mic stopped working

HOWEVER on Massdrop this little thing totals to $71 CAD after shipping, taxes and the exchange rate.....

Any Canadian deals around? this is too expensive

I just bought the AKG K553 Pro headphones on massdrop and the total was close to $200 CAD after shipping the the exchange rate. The price on massdrop is $120 USD which is almost an $80 price difference. I feel your pain :(

Unfortunately the headphones are only available in the US anyways so even if I didn't get it on massdrop I'd still have to go through the exchange rate. IMHO it was still a pretty good deal though.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

They're available on NCIX - check prices there.

oh nice, i didnt know they were carrying it 

HOWEVER...its the same price  $70 after tax

i guess NCIX is passing on the full shipping cost to us

i really like the audio quality of my siberia v2 so i was hoping to just get an add on mic for cheap. but for $70 i might has well invest in a new headset.

or look into cheaper mic-only alternatives

our dollar is so weak :(

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

I paid $50 for mine and just had a relative bring it to me from the states :)

you must have paid USD

Check your credit card statement

you must have paid USD

$50 can

this was back when the can dollar wasnt shit

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you must have paid USD

Yeah CAD is terrible right now which is the only reason that seems so expensive. 1 USD is about 0.8 CAD right now. So 71 CAD is about 57 USD which is pretty good for including shipping to Canada which runs about $10-$15.

Yeah CAD is terrible right now which is the only reason that seems so expensive. 1 USD is about 0.8 CAD right now. So 71 CAD is about 57 USD which is pretty good for including shipping to Canada which runs about $10-$15.

Other way around :D

.8 Cad to 1 dollar would be awesome.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

oh nice, i didnt know they were carrying it

HOWEVER...its the same price $70 after tax

i guess NCIX is passing on the full shipping cost to us

i really like the audio quality of my siberia v2 so i was hoping to just get an add on mic for cheap. but for $70 i might has well invest in a new headset.

or look into cheaper mic-only alternatives

our dollar is so weak :(

You could try modding a Zalman clip-on to a boom. Someone else might have some picture examples, but I can post next time I get on my computer.