Closed-back over-ear headphones with nice bass (for ~$350)

Ultragunner

Hello folks, 

As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of over-ear closed-back headphones with nice bass response (tight, punchy but not loose), but the mids and treble are not overlooked.

And I'm kind of in a dilemma right now( aren't we all when it comes to audio? :P ), between the Sennheiser HD8 DJ and the Denon AH-D600.

I can get either of them for around $350 at a local store, I have tried and end up loving both (I'm such a jerk, ain't I  :rolleyes: ), even Linus himself compares these two in his HD8 DJ review video (though he seems to like the DJ a bit more)

I have tried looking for more info about the experience of using these but very little is documented about them (compared to other headphones)

Please tell me your opinion on this, have anyone own one of the two pair?

If not, I appreciate any recommendations in this price range, so fire away  :D

Thank you!  :D

I'd try getting a pair of used Shure SRH-1540s, they are literally some of the best closed headphones money can buy

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Beats by Dre  B)  B)  B)

727E2F7F641128062351703171072_2babd4af8c

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

NAD VISIO HP50, sonically similar to 1540 but cheaper. Possibly slightly less comfortable.

If you don't care for portability mrspeakers mad dogs if you do you can try get the oppo pm 3 but that I think is another 50 bucks or just listen to ssl reccomandation.

I'll stay away from the hd8 I really wasn't impressed with the hd7 which are identical in sound.

For warm sound I really love the song mdr 1a as well really comfortable non fatiguing headphone that just looks amazing in my opinion.

As I've mentioned in another thread, I have tried the Mad Dog and I do feel it's a good headphone for the price. It is semi-open and I feel it can deliver a very nice bass experience.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

As I've mentioned in another thread, I have tried the Mad Dog and I do feel it's a good headphone for the price. It is semi-open and I feel it can deliver a very nice bass experience.

I agree I also feel for the price there's no close( well semi close) that does so many stuff so well