Carbide 200R Cooling Solutions

namarino

Hey guys, I have the Carbide 200R case with an intake at the front and an exhaust at the back. I have another intake at the front, but unfortunately there's a hard drive bay right in front of the fan, so almost no air can actually get in. Would you recommend installing this fan at the bottom of the case or at the top of the case as an intake? Thanks for your advice!

A bottom mounted intake fan would provide better cooling than a front mounted one for everything but the storage drives.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you only have few drives, like 2 HDDs and 1 SSD, you can possibly move them to have more room between them. Trust me, just one empty slot between the drives is enough for air to get through.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

In my 200R I have a fan to pull air in the bottom, and also one on the top closest to the rear to pull air out, it sits right above the CPU which appears to work well.

Just make sure that you do not put the case on carpet as the bottom in take does not have a dust filter.