Laptop/Ultrabook for officework and design

Dabombinable

I'm looking at buying a laptop/ultrabook for the aforementioned tasks, but with the options available I don't know what to choose. Touchscreens are preferable but not necessary as I already have a graphics tablet, and the budget is of no concern as long as its not too over the top. So what should I be looking to buy? (With ASUS and HP being preferred due to previous good experiences with the longevity of their laptops).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

well the best of the best would be a GT80

also just focus on the CPU

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'm looking at buying a laptop/ultrabook for the aforementioned tasks, but with the options available I don't know what to choose. Touchscreens are preferable but not necessary as I already have a graphics tablet, and the budget is of no concern as long as its not too over the top. So what should I be looking to buy? (With ASUS and HP being preferred due to previous good experiences with the longevity of their laptops).

If you're super rich then get a razer laptop. They have touchscreens and have a very high resolution with decent power backing it up. Would still be considered an ultrabook.

However, the Lenovo X1 Carbon would be a more reasonable choice.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Why just the CPU?

If you're super rich then get a razer laptop. They have touchscreens and have a very high resolution with decent power backing it up. Would still be considered an ultrabook.

However, the Lenovo X1 Carbon would be a more reasonable choice.

I've put Ultrabooks as an option as I've heard that they can be as good as a laptop, I'm pretty much looking for good performance for what I spend as well as portability (2KG or less as I don't want to lug a monolith around all day).

PMSL

Why just the CPU?

I've put Ultrabooks as an option as I've heard that they can be as good as a laptop, I'm pretty much looking for good performance for what I spend as well as portability (2KG or less as I don't want to lug a monolith around all day).

Well, the Lenovo X1 Carbon is only 1.27KG, has a decent CPU and powerful intel intergrated graphics.

The Razer Blade is a gaming laptop that weighs 2.03KG.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Why just the CPU?

its what design software likes most

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

n550jk - ASUS Laptop, i7, 850m, touchscreen, around 900$.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Well it depends. Do you need performance or portability. Are there specific feature you need, like a dedicated graphics card, or the Intel integrated graphics is fine (this depends on the performance you seek and software you use).

If you seek for max portability, and you are fine with the Intel integrated graphics, then the Surface Pro 3 with N-Trig digitizer.

Or perhaps better yet, the Wacom Companion Pro, which uses Wacom digitizer. Obviously, on screen digitizers aren't as good as a dedicated high-end drawing tablet, but it can be convenient for sketches or on the go drawing where you don't have to bring your drawing tablet with you (bus, train, in a park, in a trip, etc.)

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon?

Well, the Lenovo X1 Carbon is only 1.27KG, has a decent CPU and powerful intel intergrated graphics.

The Razer Blade is a gaming laptop that weighs 2.03KG.

n550jk - ASUS Laptop, i7, 850m, touchscreen, around 900$.

Sorry for the delayed replies, I was able to go into a store today and do comparisons, and the ASUS appears to offer better value for money than the thinkpad or Razer Blade (specs and build quality). 

Well it depends. Do you need performance or portability. Are there specific feature you need, like a dedicated graphics card, or the Intel integrated graphics is fine (this depends on the performance you seek and software you use).

If you seek for max portability, and you are fine with the Intel integrated graphics, then the Surface Pro 3 with N-Trig digitizer.

Or perhaps better yet, the Wacom Companion Pro, which uses Wacom digitizer. Obviously, on screen digitizers aren't as good as a dedicated high-end drawing tablet, but it can be convenient for sketches or on the go drawing where you don't have to bring your drawing tablet with you (bus, train, in a park, in a trip, etc.)

Dedicated graphics are preferred over integrated as on one of my previous stop gap laptops I was able to use the iGPU when the dGPU suddenly died, and because they will give me more flexibility in the future if I decided to do CAD. Portability is preferred but this computer is meant to be the true replacement of my old Compaq Presario R3000 (4KG after 12cell battery), which at the time was around $1800 and the best I could buy for its price, so build quality, reliability and performance take priority. I like having a touchscreen but since I've already got graphics/drawing tablet-which wasn't cheap, I can do without it.

So far the ASUS N550-CM452H which has the 850M, an i7, 12GB of RAM, 1TB HDD and a touchscreen seems to be a compelling choice ($1998 AUD), is there anything along the same lines that I should look at?

PMSL

gt80 is ok, but it is so dam large and impractical compared to other laptops

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Not really, I've had a look and it would fit in perfectly with my old laptop back in 2002.

PMSL

bigger is better...

bigger is better...

Bu it is like 4 inches thick and is stupid. he asked for a laptop not a desktop

the gt80 is a desktop replacement, i is kinda stupid if you actually carry that thing aound

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Bu it is like 4 inches thick and is stupid. he asked for a laptop not a desktop

the gt80 is a desktop replacement, i is kinda stupid if you actually carry that thing aound

I would carry a 4" laptop.... Its not like I wont be using a bag to lug it around anyways