Corsair Carbide Air 240 cooling problems

Hi

I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place then, well, I'm sorry (if someone can move it to the right place that would be great). Anyway, I have the Corsair Carbide Air 240 and I have inside that a Power Color HD 7870 Ghz edition. It has a Mini ITX Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi mobo. This model has 1 fan! For an AMD OC' card this is crazy! I have a problem when doing anything remotely stressful on the card that it just packs in and overheats the fans don't even rev up to 100%. I could use MSI afterburner but I am hoping for a quieter solution.

To my point, I have a 120mm fan on the base blowing air into the HD's own fan. This is blowing rather cold air right onto the HD and the card is still overheating. Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep this thing cool short of getting a CPU heat sink and ghetoing it on the card. I though about adding another fan to blow 2x the amount of air at the card and removing the plastic shield on the heat sink. I don't want to make a custom cooling loop as I have little experience with such things and they are expensive and require more maintenance. 

Would that work?

If you have any ideas or advice I would be grateful for feedback.

Thanks

Blame33

Adelaide, South Australia

P.S. I don't want to resort to this but I could get a GTX 960 which would run better, quieter and cooler, this is a last resort though.

buy a aftermarket gpu cooler for it

really your  only option

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

buy a aftermarket gpu cooler for it

really your  only option

Would you have any recommendations as I find that the version I have is that irregular and hard too find coolers for as I have had a look for some.

can you find me a pic of your card

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile