Which Powersupply should I get

Go to solution Solved by Arc_Jester,

Any thought on the Corsair HX850i or HX750i? I heard it's a really good powersupply, but the corsir link software isn't exactly worth any premium price since it appereantly still has its flaws.

Or the Corsair AX760 or AX860, which from what I've read use better fans and cost a little less than the AXi versions with Corsir Link?

The HX, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Series and the Newton R3 I recommended are really good PSUs. The EVGA is the cheaper of the three but is still a great PSU, just choose the one you like more.

Hi,

So I am looking to get a new powersupply for my system.

(Nothing really wrong with the old one, I'm just looking to upgrade components to make my PC Mode silent and that inklusive the PSU)

Here are some specs to consider: I have a powerconsumption of about 400watts under full load. Header for some Upgrade is nice, but not that much is required. (I mit possibly sich out my current R9 280x for a R9 390x, in that turn out to be an awesome card. Which knowing AMD might consume even a bit more power than the 280x) So that's abtut the headroom for future upgrades I might need. I'm not planing on doing any crossfire of SLI setups.

So considering the 400Watts and a bit of headroom I want, whats PSUs would you reccommend me for near silent to completetly silent operation.

Getting one of those semi-passive PSUs that only even turn on the fans at a certain load, is an option too, in case you are wondering. So going overkill would be ok, as long as it makes sense (a 800watts powersupply that only turns on its fan at 50% load and would allow for fanless operation pretty much all the time seems somewhat reasonable. However a 1200watts powersupply that also only turns on its fan at 50% load just seems like a waste of money in every way to me.

Remember it does not have to feature a fanless mode at all of have so much headroom as in the example with the fan that only turns on at 50% load. If you know of any powersupply that is really silent and reliable while continously having a fan spinning that works just as well.

Great energy efficency and a good warranty should also be considered.

I'm looking forward to seeing any suggestions you guys might have for me :)

please excuse some of the ridicoulos spelling/word mistakes there might be due to autocorrection.

EVGA Supernova G2 750W  is your friend :)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

A seasonic X series psu would be fitting, they have a fanless mode.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Just pick a psu from a trusted brand like Seasonic, Corsair, etc. that has a passive mode and has about 850W of power.

Something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-x850

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

The Fractal Design Newton R3 has fanless mode and is 80+ Platinum, they are expensive though.

Any thought on the Corsair HX850i or HX750i? I heard it's a really good powersupply, but the corsir link software isn't exactly worth any premium price since it appereantly still has its flaws.

Or the Corsair AX760 or AX860, which from what I've read use better fans and cost a little less than the AXi versions with Corsir Link?

The HX, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Series and the Newton R3 I recommended are really good PSUs. The EVGA is the cheaper of the three but is still a great PSU, just choose the one you like more.

Alright thanks for the recommendations. I think I made um my mind now about which one I'll be getting.

the seasonic I hope

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile