Fun things to do (Marysville, MI to Pigeon Forge, TN)

flibberdipper

So for spring break, my dad plans on taking us down to Tennessee. And we need fun things to do. He was thinking science museums, car museums, fun museums in general... But there is a bit of a catch. Tickets/admission would have to be somewhat cheap, since we do have a budget, and it would be nice for it not to be too far out of the way. So duke it out my minions.

dd6caa8a6b42c63b1d2ea153c0b32459.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Go hiking in Gatlinburg and/or go to Clingman's Dome (about 30 minutes from Pigeon Forge) if the weather is nice.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Hiking is always a good choice.  

The Laurel Falls hike isn't a terribly difficult hike, but it can be a bit crowded at times

As Fate suggested Clingman's dome is a good choice.  It has an awesome view from the top, but is a bit more difficult to hike.

Off-roading is also a hell of a lot of fun if you could rent some jeeps, find some trails, and find a group to go with, or have enough experience to go by yourselves.

If you do decide to go off-roading I would suggest trying Horse Creek in Greeneville.

For on road adventures i would suggest Cades Cove, this time of year it's absolutely stunning. 

Museum wise we have the titanic museum which i can personally vouch for.

We also have a wax museum, but i haven't personally been there to see if it's worth going.

If your willing to head to Knoxville the museum of Science and Energy is an always a good place to visit

We also have plenty of generic tourist attractions in pigeon forge and  gatlinburg like go karts, mini golf, and arcades.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Muscle car museum, it is pretty bad ass.

Come up to Bristol and marvel at the fact that our main street is the state line between Tennessee and Virginia, then get a doughnut. Also I'm legally required to mention that Bristol is the birthplace of country music... Not like there are roaming bands of yodelers wandering the streets or anything but it's kind of interesting none the less. Also on the tech side Bristol, VA was one of the first municipal fiber to the home networks in the United States, so there's that. But anytime your in the Appalachian area if you don't go hiking somewhere you're wasting an opportunity. 

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage