Skype interferes with avast! free antivirus

Hey,

today I updated my Skype trough avast! and now when I scan my PC with the avast! smart scan it keeps telling me that my router can be accessed from the internet. This didn't happen before the Skype update.

I tried with my other PC and the same problem didn't appear with it although it has same software versions as I do.

The problem in avast! appears only when my Skype is running on my computer.

Skype's new version is 7.3.0.101

Is this just a false positive or is there a security hole in the new version of Skype?

The attached pic is in Finnish and it says:

Problem: Your router is accessible via Internet.

Risks: Hackers are able to try to connect to your router, change your network settings or even turn your Internet connection off. They might be capable to steal your personal information.

Solution:

Switch off your router's accessibility via Internet.

The box says that "Go to your router's settings" and when I click it, there opens a webpage and it says the webpage is not available.

Should I be worried or not?  :(

post-219685-0-48054100-1427967200.png

Try uninstall skype and see if it goes away. That would confirm skype being the culprit. As for being worried, I'm pretty uptight about security myself although while it is not really not ideal, it is probably okay.

I'd type in your external IP into the url bar and see what you see on port 80. If you get your router page... yeah maybe a problem.

It's probably because Skype is trying to automatically forward ports (uPnP).

Try going to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection and removing "Enable uPnP".

Restart Skype after.

Try uninstall skype and see if it goes away. That would confirm skype being the culprit. As for being worried, I'm pretty uptight about security myself although while it is not really not ideal, it is probably okay.

I'd type in your external IP into the url bar and see what you see on port 80. If you get your router page... yeah maybe a problem.

Reinstalling Skype doesn't seem to work. I typed my ip and got "page not found" -message.

It's probably because Skype is trying to automatically forward ports (uPnP).

Try going to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection and removing "Enable uPnP".

Restart Skype after.

Tried this out but it didn't seem to work :/

Thanks for your suggestion! :)  Do you have any other?

The funniest part is that I actually re-installed my whole Windows 7 and formatted hard-drives because i bought a ssd today.

So I downloaded everything again and avast! still says it lol.  :(

It doesn't appear on the other computers in our house.