Need help first pc build fails post

PC components:

CPU: AMD FX-4300

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming

PSU: EVGA 500W

GPU: MSI R9 270

RAM: GENERIC GREEN DDR3 1333 2GB X2

Ok so I watch the show often and I think I did everything correctly but I have hit a brick wall. Upon turning on my PC after finally getting my gpu in the system I powered it on and got nothing no posts no video. I then removed the usb mouse and keyboard from the system and started the system I received my first post code which was the ram. I didn't insert it right... Fixed that and got excited. Tried again this time it took a second and then 5 short beeps. I checked it out and it says process failure. I've been to multiple guides and forums and I have called msi. They assure me the processor is the problem. The problem is the only PC I have is an old Intel duo core to test anything on. Obviously the gpu will not fit in an ancient case or even with the mobo out. I don't really have money for a new CPU... Or any replacement parts. Is there anyone out there who can help me trouble shoot this?

Also, the Northbridge is very hot and it seems the heat sink is as well on the CPU... Is this due to a failing processor?

and all these parts are brand new except the gpu which is refurbished.

https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/bios-beep-codes

sounds like the cpu is bad..or you bent a pin or something..tho I think on amd..the pins are on the cpu..

take it all apart..and try again outside of the case..and check that cpu to

get a local shop to test it if need be

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

sounds like the cpu is bad..or you bent a pin or something..tho I think on amd..the pins are on the cpu..

I've done both already sadly... I can take it to a shop. I used to work at an electronics store that does PC repair. I'll see if they can check it out for me. I appreciate the quick answer though. :)

That is more than likely the issue. Did you buy your CPU locally? second hand? It may have been damaged during shipping, or it could've have been poorly treated prior to your possession. You may be able to get your money back on it?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the end bit there. Where did you buy it from?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I purchased the CPU and board from where I worked at. It's called Frys electronics. Nothing was shipped or mistreated on my part but I seems to have been there for awhile because the thermal compound was pretty much a chalky substance on the stock heat sink.

Also the company is very unreliable so I don't doubt they sold me something terrible and broken or used and wasn't posted as used... Maybe I shouldn't take it to them. Hahaha

I purchased the CPU and board from where I worked at. It's called Frys electronics. Nothing was shipped or mistreated on my part but I seems to have been there for awhile because the thermal compound was pretty much a chalky substance on the stock heat sink.

Well with that said I hope when you put everything together you put new thermal paste on the cpu.  If you didn't maybe you fried it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Haha, yeah the FX-4300 is pretty old. Maybe your CPU is just faulty? Also I would really recommend saving for a better CPU, not to insult your decision, but something like an FX-6300 would be a very, very nice upgrade. In terms of your problem though I'm clueless. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Haha, yeah the FX-4300 is pretty old. Maybe your CPU is just faulty? Also I would really recommend saving for a better CPU, not to insult your decision, but something like an FX-6300 would be a very, very nice upgrade. In terms of your problem though I'm clueless. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

lol sorry I posted three times. :(

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Well with that said I hope when you put everything together you put new thermal paste on the cpu.  If you didn't maybe you fried it.

This actually could be the issue, you've immediately fried you CPU. Like bacon.

In all seriousness though you may have fried you CPU if you didn't apply new TC.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Lol thanks guys. I'm actually going to save up for the 6300. It's pretty much the same thing and the same price but I got a deal on the combo. So the CPU was free with the motherboard. I've narrowed it down to the CPU or the mobo but I wouldn't be getting post errors I the motherboard was bad. At least I would think.

oH and I did use that thermal paste for the first boot but then got worried and replaced it with some antec formula 6.

You probably should have applied the antec formula 6 on your first boot.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

You probably should have applied the antec formula 6 on your first boot.

Makes sense. I am going to try and look for some alternatives maybe buy a cheap athlon 2 or phenom 2 for temporary use until I get my grant next semester. =)

Makes sense. I am going to try and look for some alternatives maybe buy a cheap athlon 2 or phenom 2 for temporary use until I get my grant next semester. =)

Athlon  860k or 760k would be good choices