AMD build: Frankenstein (final pics)

Necrodead
9 minutes ago, fletch to 99 said:

Really nice build! I love the way the green glows :P

I'm thinking of getting this case but one thing I don't really like is how the top isn't open. I noticed you raised it up (in you june 13th post), are you just using small round magnets to do that?

- Fletch

Thanks a bunch! :) It glows even nicer in person.

I have the top raised using thumbscrews, like the kind you use to secure your graphics card. There are magnets on the top panel and the thumbscrews stick right on there and keep the top lifted up to let air in. If I remove the top fully I gain about 1C of cooling but its quieter with the top just raised a little.

14 hours ago, Necrodead said:

Thanks a bunch! :) It glows even nicer in person.

I have the top raised using thumbscrews, like the kind you use to secure your graphics card. There are magnets on the top panel and the thumbscrews stick right on there and keep the top lifted up to let air in. If I remove the top fully I gain about 1C of cooling but its quieter with the top just raised a little.

Awesome thank you! That was my one worry with this case

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice build. But green on an AMD build? :P

On 19/12/2015 at 7:22 AM, _blackknight_ said:

niceeee

rare to see an all-AMD build

loving those 290  ;)

Next year, when ZEN is out. Oh man.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

What Voltage on the 8320? (Might try and get mine there)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, TubsAlwaysWins said:

What Voltage on the 8320? (Might try and get mine there)

I can't remember exactly and I only have screenshots of 4.66 (1.45v) but I think I had to turn it up to 1.50v. I know that I wouldn't go any higher than that, but I eventually turned it down to 4.6 as I just wasn't comfortable with the voltage jump required from 4.6 to 4.7+, and at that point I had to watch temps and dust frequently so I did not pass the 62C recommended threshold.

Just now, Notional said:

Very nice build. But green on an AMD build? :P

Next year, when ZEN is out. Oh man.

Yeah I get that a lot, haha.

Thanks, I plan on doing a black and blue UV theme when I get my zen processor!

awesome build. love the custom touches. 

I just swapped from intel from FX-8320 @ 4.7 and it truly wasn't nearly as bad as everyone claimed. 

Nice build!, But my 8320 @ 4.4 was a huge let down! I went with a I7-6700k @ 4.7 and to a I7-6800k @ 4.6 and it blows my AMD out the water! Cant wait to see how Zen stacks up against intel next year!