Lenovo Yoga pro 2/3 vs Surface pro 3?

I am going to do a study, Application Developer soon.

I still need to figure out what i want as a device to use there.

Both of the options look amazing, with the SP3 I can take notes.(I would take the 8 GB option btw, since you need more RAM from what I understood)

But the Yoga's look good too.....

What would you do? Also I will not get a Thinkpad.

Well first, the Surface Pro 4 is coming out this year. Rumors has it soon after Windows 10 is released. So that is something to consider

The Yoga Pro 3 CPU is a Core M processor. That is like a Core i3 U series CPU. So the Surface Pro 3 is faster.

The upside of the Yoga is that you can use it easily on your lap as a laptop, or strange angles. The Surface Pro 3 while you can use it on your lap, due to the kickstand, it will be difficult to get the ideal screen angle. You want to use it in tablet mode, or on a desk.

The Surface Pro 3 is ready out of the box. The system has no junk. And even the drivers are clean. (Not even their control panel are there. You just have the core drivers). All to keep the system fast, and the most responsive as possible.

All drivers/firmware are delivered via Windows Update, so that is never a problem in getting the OEM drivers.

In addition, The Surface Pro 3 has the pen. That is what makes the device, and as a CS student, this is an amazing ability. I can type my notes, and write math, or draw any diagram or sketch or draw a quick graph. Something not possible normally (well VERY time consuming to do).

Well first, the Surface Pro 4 is coming out this year. Rumors has it soon after Windows 10 is released. So that is something to considerThe Yoga Pro 3 CPU is a Core M processor. That is like a Core i3 U series CPU. So the Surface Pro 3 is faster.The upside of the Yoga is that you can use it easily on your lap as a laptop, or strange angles. The Surface Pro 3 while you can use it on your lap, due to the kickstand, it will be difficult to get the ideal screen angle. You want to use it in tablet mode, or on a desk.The Surface Pro 3 is ready out of the box. The system has no junk. And even the drivers are clean. (Not even their control panel are there. You just have the core drivers). All to keep the system fast, and the most responsive as possible.All drivers/firmware are delivered via Windows Update, so that is never a problem in getting the OEM drivers.In addition, The Surface Pro 3 has the pen. That is what makes the device, and as a CS student, this is an amazing ability. I can type my notes, and write math, or draw any diagram or sketch or draw a quick graph. Something not possible normally (well VERY time consuming to do).

I could wait for the SP4 but I don't know when that will come...

Well, I don't know when your semester starts and how the educational system of where you live works.

But if you really need it, and can wait, I would wait the max you can.

Beside, all it will give you is more deals and price cuts on the SP3.

Well, I don't know when your semester starts and how the educational system of where you live works.But if you really need it, and can wait, I would wait the max you can.Beside, all it will give you is more deals and price cuts on the SP3.

I can wait until August/end of july

surface is pretty bad i dont like the kickstand and all that, and plus depending on which yoga it is cheaper

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

surface is pretty bad i dont like the kickstand and all that, and plus depending on which yoga it is cheaper

Kickstand is actually one of the reasons I want to buy it. :o

Kickstand is actually one of the reasons I want to buy it. :o

The kickstand is really stupid cause it takes up more space than a laptop and is uncomfortable on a lap

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

The kickstand is really stupid cause it takes up more space than a laptop and is uncomfortable on a lap

Not really. While true it takes more space, the system is smaller.

Usually if you use a laptop on your lap it is more for "emergency purposes" rather than spending the next hour coding an assignment unless you are extremely desperate. So I don't think it is an issue. And again you can use it as in a tablet, if you want to check something out.