A question on reviews

When I first saw that Linus had inexplicably decided to make an online, I thought I'd contribute to the overall "enablement" of the community through the sharing of my thoughts, experiences, and opinions on selecting quality audio for listening to music and playing games on your computer.  I posted a few of these reviews in the member reviews section, and they've gotten quite a few views for a forum of this size that's mainly interested in building computers.  However, I've gotten so little feedback (read: none!) on any of the reviews that I have absolutely no idea if this is something that the forum would like to see.  So the question is simple:  Since so many of you post in this board for the sole purpose of asking which headphone you should buy for what budget, would you be interested in more reviews of such headphones, expensive headphones, or cheap headphones, etc.  Or are you even interested in my opinion to begin with? 

Don't worry, I can take it.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

He has done a HD800 unboxing. Some of them are older.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

He has done a HD800 unboxing. Some of them are older.

And that was on loan from NCIX as I remember.  There are much more expensive headphones out there, if the HD800 wasn't already insane enough.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I would personally love to see more of your own reviews but if you feels as though your reviews are being pushed out and it's not worth it, your specialized opinion regarding the subject is already and will continue to be greatly appreciated and valued. It's a win win for the community as long as you're still active giving out advice to community members or making reviews and if you decide to to both it just makes this a better community and you a more vital member.

I'd almost say try and get a sticky with links to the audio review threads.

unless that sounds like a nightmare to manage.

i only went to that section when the forum was on the old vbullitin stuff.

I saw the hd500 review, but didn't really have much to say/add so I kept quiet.

and I think those are out of most price range here.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I'd almost say try and get a sticky with links to the audio review threads.

unless that sounds like a nightmare to manage.

well, if we're not gonna prune the review threads, I can just post them in here. However, review threads should go on the review board.

many conflicting interests involved.  I can add them to the FAQ sticky if it doesn't seem too self-serving to you.

if you're adding others' reviews also it doesn't seem too self-serving to me.

I'm going on disability here, so I should have some time to write a few reviews in the next month or two.

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

if you're adding others' reviews also it doesn't seem too self-serving to me.

I'm going on disability here, so I should have some time to write a few reviews in the next month or two.

Sounds like a plan.  I'll make a section in the FAQ and you can just post in it so I know you've got something you need to add to it.

We get so many questions of which headphone/headset to pick out, it might be good to consolidate a bunch of quickie reviews in one sticky.

Woo! A chance to vote with someone else's wallet, not mine  :lol:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Woo! A chance to vote with someone else's wallet, not mine  :lol:

anything in particular you were interested in, besides draining my savings?

anything in particular you were interested in, besides draining my savings?

Beyer t90's?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

would be interesting to see what a person with discriminating ears thinks about the steel series siberia and that 7h headset that people keep saying are good. 

I would love to read reviews of the more "exotic" headphones if you can get them, because i can't :( 

Something like the higher end Grado's, not that rare but you cant get them here. Or the new Stax models. 

@Aphexx

They are good for headset, but that was it. Compared to Hifi headphones they are nothing special. 

I would love to read reviews of the more "exotic" headphones if you can get them, because i can't :(

Something like the higher end Grado's, not that rare but you cant get them here. Or the new Stax models. 

@Aphexx

They are good for headset, but that was it. Compared to Hifi headphones they are nothing special. 

Stax? Oh boy, I'm gonna have to REALLY save up then...

I say go for a few headphones around $100 as that seems to be a good cutoff point, and shouldn't dig too far in your savings.

Beyer t90's?

If I got the mmx300 that would make everybody happy

Stax? Oh boy, I'm gonna have to REALLY save up then...

I thought you can get your hands on review samples or something like that, if you have to pay everything out of your own pocket than i would say do the 'average-user-pricerange', from like 50-300. 

I am working on reviews of my headphones and source gear, but my writing skills... well, suck, especially in english :D

If I got the mmx300 that would make everybody happy

Is there a big market for them? Are they just DT770/880's with a mic?

770's with a mic, lower impedance driver and little bit more bass

Is there a big market for them? Are they just DT770/880's with a mic?

I always thought they looked most like the T90s

I always thought they looked most like the T90s

At their price point and gaming orientation with closed back design I'd say definitely DT770's. A little overpriced if you ask me, I'd probably consider something else for review  :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031RD3YY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=09BWJNJKC6YP3T78N13V&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Honestly, if it's Beyer you want I'll pick up a pair of these next time Black Friday rolls around and they inevitably drop to $800

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031RD3YY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=09BWJNJKC6YP3T78N13V&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Honestly, if it's Beyer you want I'll pick up a pair of these next time Black Friday rolls around and they inevitably drop to $800

That would be awesome! But it'd be more than satisfied with T90's.