Ath m20x or akg k240 mkII ?

Newbie2Pcs

Long story short , I was in a local store checking out headphones and found out they were doing massive discounts on select akg headphones and the k240 mkII was one of them , but I already had my eyes set on the audio technica m20x. I woukd really want to know whether I should pick up the audio technica or the akg ?

I'll generally be using it for fps games (ie battlefield 4) , listening to movie soundtracks and jazz , also watching movies.

I think the AKG is open back/semi-open so that will give you an advantage over the m20x in gaming (if that is important for you)

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I've never heard the m20x in person, but I do love my k240s. If you have kids or a noisy environment though, you may want to keep the added bonus of closed back outside noise reduction in mind. The k240s (and other open back headphones) like to let inside sounds out (people around you will hear your smooth ass jazz) and outside noise in (you'll hear those people talking about how smooth that jazz is).

Between the two, it's all about closed vs. open/semi-open. I'd go for the AKG for soundstage and that

smooth ass jazz.

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.

I'll generally be using it for fps games (ie battlefield 4) , listening to movie soundtracks and jazz , also watching movies.

Most audiophiles will claim the AKG should excel at this use case.

Most audiophiles will claim the AKG should excel at this use case.

Why does it excel in this case ?

Why does it excel in this case ?

I said nothing so definitive. It's up to personal preference as to which is better, but amongst people who use different headphones for different purposes, they tend to favor something like the K240 for orchestral/jazz and non-closed back headphones for gaming. 

I said nothing so definitive. It's up to personal preference as to which is better, but amongst people who use different headphones for different purposes, they tend to favor something like the K240 for orchestral/jazz and non-closed back headphones for gaming.

I see , but how about comfort , I'm quite worried that the cups won't be big enough and will start clamping my ear lobes and also the potential cabin fever experienced during lomg gaming sessions .