Lenovo Thinkpad T440s

qwertywarrior

this is the S version which means its an Ultrabook
this is a very unique ultrabook

3.5 lbs and with a less than 21 mm profile at its thickest point
IPS FHD or HD+ 1920 x 1080
Rollcage chassis carbon fiber top with magnesium bottom for maximum strength without adding weigh  Military-specification
T440s includes (2) 3-cell batteries, one internal and one swappable.  Finally innovation 
 NFC

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s#features

might start selling them soon

EDIT
no dedicated left and right buttons for the touchpad

:(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Those keys are not for me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

meh kind of looks thick for an ultrabook to me

inb4 it's $2,000

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I might consider it, but it must have dedicate graphics (5400M or higher), docking port, upgradable RAM/SSD, and be under $1700.  That trackpad worries me though.

I might consider it, but it must have dedicate graphics (5400M or higher), docking port, upgradable RAM/SSD, and be under $1700.  That trackpad worries me though.

I doubt it will have dedicated graphics, especially with the better integrated graphics in Haswell.  Thin, light, long battery life (aka Ultrabook) and powerful graphics are a contradiction.  More powerful hardware is what the T400 standard series is for.

Honestly I am not sure why they have T series ultrabooks though; that's the entire point of having more than one ThinkPad series.  X series = light and portable with ULV hardware, T series = medium size with reasonably powerful hardware, W series = epic hardware without regard to thickness or weight.

I doubt it will have dedicated graphics, especially with the better integrated graphics in Haswell.  Thin, light, long battery life (aka Ultrabook) and powerful graphics are a contradiction.  More powerful hardware is what the T400 standard series is for.

Honestly I am not sure why they have T series ultrabooks though; that's the entire point of having more than one ThinkPad series.  X series = light and portable with ULV hardware, T series = medium size with reasonably powerful hardware, W series = epic hardware without regard to thickness or weight.

the S was used before for a slimmer lighter version

but never an ultrabook  - they will end up confusing people

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

hmmm, doesn't really look like a T to me...

I prefer the original T look, like T530/ T430.

I'll just stick with my W530 for now.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Yea I know, BUT the T430s was similar weight and thickness (virtually the same) and came with dedicated graphics, although I'm not holding my breath.  I think they'd have mentioned the docking compatibility (and thus dedicated graphics) in the features section, hopefully I'm wrong.

Sweet, they've started rolling them out. X240/240s/240t should be up next. I've been holding out for the X240, and I'm hopeful they don't disappoint. As long it has a similar form factor to the X230 with Haswell, I'll be happy. And battery upgrades. 9-cell + Slice is almost mandatory for me.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2