Ampere - A ampmeter for your smartphone

Gala

I just wanted to show you this thing i found on the Play Store. It shows the current at witch your phone charges and discharges. You can use this to save battery and estimate the charging time of your phone, and discharging time until 0% battery.

The app is called Ampere. Here, look:

Minimum Brightness, Bluetooth Off, Music Stopped: -140mA
g5Y0LlH.png

Maximum Brightness:

aOq543P.png

Maximum Brighness, Playing Music: 430mA

a1Xt6ay.png

Maximum Brighness, Music Playing, Bluetooth on and scanning: 550mA

1h9V0Wi.png

My battery has 1750mAh. Divide that by the consumption and you get your estimated time remaining.

1750mAh / 550mA = ~3h

So my batter would be dead in 3 hours if it had 100% at this rate.

Oh, it also shows charger current:

NUwAoD8.png

Its free on the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&hl=en

It has a Pro version for 1.19 that has a permanent notification that shows the reading all the time.

Neat!

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

So cool, now to get an Andriod phone...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Downloading right now. Time to check the specs on Samung's "quick charge" adapter for the Note 4.

// Don't forget to enter a concise, possibly witty statement about yourself

Downloading right now. Time to check the specs on Samung's "quick charge" adapter for the Note 4.

Please report back! Samsung's 2amp chargers make no sense to me!

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Please report back! Samsung's 2amp chargers make no sense to me!

I decided to go a little more in-depth with my testing, and I made it its own thread.

// Don't forget to enter a concise, possibly witty statement about yourself