Corsair K70 Quality

Langdon

I am going to buy this keyboard when they release the MX Blue version, but I want to know about its build quality. I guess only people who own this keyboard can answer these questions. :P

Is it very solid? How do you think it'd fair if it fell off a desk?

Also, does it attract finger prints very easily? How would I clean it if there were finger prints on it?

Also, how satisfied are you with the keyboard? Do you regret buying it or think you could've bought something else? 

Thanks for the  help!

And should I get a MX Brown instead of a blue? Some people say that blues aren't very good for gaming. I like both switches but the click on Blues are pretty awesome.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The K70's build quality is pretty good. Pretty much any keyboard will survive a fall off a desk multiple times. The aluminum doesn't attract finger prints, but it does attract dust quite well but cleaning is very easy. I do not regret buying this keyboard at all, if I could chose which keyboard to get again I'd still probably chose this keyboard, or maybe a Ducky shine 2 tkl but I think those are more expensive and much harder to find.

PC Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v lx | RAM: 8GB Patriot memory | GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti | PSU: Corsair GS500

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair K70 Silver/Blue | Mouse: Logitech G500s | Speakers: Logitech Z506 | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor 

The K70's build quality is pretty good. Pretty much any keyboard will survive a fall off a desk multiple times. The aluminum doesn't attract finger prints, but it does attract dust quite well but cleaning is very easy. I do not regret buying this keyboard at all, if I could chose which keyboard to get again I'd still probably chose this keyboard, or maybe a Ducky shine 2 tkl but I think those are more expensive and much harder to find.

Thank you for the response. :) In the falling question, I was wondering more of if it'd get any scratches or scuffs.  It breaking in half would be very tragic haha

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

All I can say is it is solid as hell and I was on the fence between this one and the Ducky Shine 3 year of the snake edition and I don't regret getting the K70 instead. It looks great, feels great, and should have a fairly lengthy lifespan.

Well as you know its made by corsair and corsair are awesome. I dont have that keyboard but im sure it can take a hit. Eg face vs keyboard test, the keyboard might win.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Also interested in buying this keyboard and also tossing up between the ducky shine 3.  Interested in more responses.

Ducky shine 3 has more lighting features and stuff, K70 is rugged and has a rugged look because of the keys being fully visible and the lighting effect.

The K70 looks like a very good choice. I am sticking to the YOTS though because it has white led like my case and its a limited edition.

the K70's aluminum construction wins hands-down for me. At this price point, I think it's silly that keyboards still use mostly plastic. I'm happy to see Corsair's build quality match the price

The anodizing on the aluminum (if you get the black/red version which I think looks much better) is QUALITY. I'm used to anodized aluminum from car parts, and this is a quality anodizing job in general - let alone for a computer peripheral

I love that it's driver-less. I'm getting tired of installing and dealing with driver software - with features I won't ever use - just to get full features of the keyboard

The media keys are great, especially the volume knob which is also a great piece of machined aluminum

The selective lighting mode is great and SIMPLE to implement. Makes other keyboards with only a WASD mode look barebones, and makes other keyboards that use driver software to do the same thing feel bloated

the BIOS mode is not only useful, but also simple with just a switch

the textured/contoured WASD and 1-6 keys are actually useable everyday. They are not overdone like other keyboards (I hear even the old K60's were overdone). It looks good but not too flashy when on, and they won't bug you with everyday use unless you're really picky

100% worth it. I am very happy with it. biggest pet peeve for me is $100+ products that still use mostly plastic, yet this K70 provides that without gimping on the useful features

though I wish the wrist rest was longer - coming from a CM Storm Trigger

the K70's aluminum construction wins hands-down for me. At this price point, I think it's silly that keyboards still use mostly plastic. I'm happy to see Corsair's build quality match the price

The anodizing on the aluminum (if you get the black/red version which I think looks much better) is QUALITY. I'm used to anodized aluminum from car parts, and this is a quality anodizing job in general - let alone for a computer peripheral

I love that it's driver-less. I'm getting tired of installing and dealing with driver software - with features I won't ever use - just to get full features of the keyboard

The media keys are great, especially the volume knob which is also a great piece of machined aluminum

The selective lighting mode is great and SIMPLE to implement. Makes other keyboards with only a WASD mode look barebones, and makes other keyboards that use driver software to do the same thing feel bloated

the textured/contoured WASD and 1-6 keys are actually useable everyday. They are not overdone like other keyboards (I hear even the old K60's were overdone). It looks good but not too flashy when on, and they won't bug you with everyday use unless you're really picky

100% worth it. I am very happy with it. biggest pet peeve for me is $100+ products that still use mostly plastic, yet this K70 provides that without gimping on the useful features

This sums up the K70 very well. It's great! And Corsair stands behind their products unlike some companies (cough...razer...cough)

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I want to get this when brown's come out.

Been checking my email all month waiting for the notification.

Great response, very detailed :) This definitely helps with my choice. Thanks

@Indie : Haha me too. I've also been constantly checking the NCIX website to see if they're there.

Corsair always makes high quality stuff. look at my rig 50% of it is corsair :P

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Awesome post. It's decided!  Corsair K70! Black with red backlighting!