Is this Ok to do in exams?

Lazmarr

So I had an exam today, a practical one, probably failed it lol. Anyway, at the start of the exam I usually write notes in the back of the exam booklet in case I forget anything and refer back to it (which is usually all the time), and today was a really unerwealmng performance from me since I forgot to do some additional maths which I was telling myself in the exam to do and I only wrote like 2 or 3 paragraphs; no thanks to me panicking and spending one hour on a damn graphs axis :/

So as I was saying I wrote some notes in the back of the exam booklet of what I need to include in my in-lab report and I kinda wrote a note telling whoever is going to mark it that there are some notes in the back of the exam booklet. Do you think that's OK to do?

PS Sorry for the rant, kinda really in a shitty mood because of that damn exam and needed to let out :P

To avoid any confusion, we are give a multi-page booklet to write our answers in in the exam and what I do is at the start of the exam write down from memory what I can remember in the back of said book :S (No cheating in any form)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Depends on whos grading your paper. I added 2 lines to the side of a report in an accounting class to correct a mistake I made in the report itself and added a note explaining the change and those were the only marks I dropped in that exam despite the answer being correct.

Most graders are pretty lenient with that kinda stuff though

lol i dont see why not, if you dont get caught its not against the rules ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

So basically you are cheating,why not study hard instead and write your exams instead of cheating and bringing shame to oneself.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

If you wrote them off memory, I don't see how its not ok.

Why not just write those with pencil and then erase it when your done? If it worries you that much

Nah what I was worried about was teh writing of the note telling the marker there was some stuff in teh back of the book lol

So basically you are cheating,why not study hard instead and write your exams instead of cheating and bringing shame to oneself.

Nooo I mean that I write from memory some notes in the back of the exam booklet lol no cheating involved

Basically there's a book we get given to write in in the exam, I write in the back of it what I can remember at the beginning of the exam.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Nooo I mean that I write from memory some notes in the back of the exam booklet lol no cheating involved

Oh,if thats the case then its totally fine . 

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

Depends on the teacher honestly

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has five different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salted sheep heads

Anything that I remember and could possibly use on my exams immediately gets written in blank space for use during the exam. I have never had a teacher/professor that had an issue with it. Some have even encouraged it. 

Your note explaining that you wrote the stuff in the back from memory should be okay too, unless you have an unreasonable person grading the exam.