Birthday present

Cs342

It's my birthday today "D
Unfortunately I'm in college right now so I won't be able to buy myself a nice GPU upgrade for my desktop at home, but I was wondering if you guys know any cool pieces of tech I could get myself for my birthday. I've been really stressed out with school work (comp sci major) lately so I figured I should probably buy something cool for my birthday. Cheers :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Drone, or something RC they're always fun to play around with. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

please tell me you got cash for your birthday because it just sounds sad if you are buying yourself a gift with your own cash. Happy Birthday!  :)

It's my birthday today "D

Unfortunately I'm in college right now so I won't be able to buy myself a nice GPU upgrade for my desktop at home, but I was wondering if you guys know any cool pieces of tech I could get myself for my birthday. I've been really stressed out with school work (comp sci major) lately so I figured I should probably buy something cool for my birthday. Cheers :)

You could get a new badass headset (assuming you don't have one already)

LED's and new case fans to make your case look snazzy

A bass guitar

Speakers

A footstool (and a very nice one at that)

Ye these are kind of random but if it comes down to money, just get some steam credit

Been playing on a laptop for 6 years, I play Dota 2 with 10fps. Some might say this is impossible, I say its just annoying

find out if your college has a 3d printer, that's like a birthday gift in and of itself

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

please tell me you got cash for your birthday because it just sounds sad if you are buying yourself a gift with your own cash. Happy Birthday!  :)

Yeah I got cash from relatives :)

You could get a new badass headset (assuming you don't have one already)

LED's and new case fans to make your case look snazzy

A bass guitar

Speakers

A footstool (and a very nice one at that)

Ye these are kind of random but if it comes down to money, just get some steam credit

I guess I could get case fans but I'll have to wait 2 months till summer when I get to go home for them to be of any use

Happy Birthday.

A game on sale perhaps?

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I guess I could get case fans but I'll have to wait 2 months till summer when I get to go home for them to be of any use

I just talked about aesthetics, you could also get something that makes a difference in you're everyday life, like a footstool ;)

xD nah treat yourself to something that relieves stress for you, a chill video game like Civ or a Netflix subscription

Also happy birthday from the LTT forum (even though I'm new here i can still represent )

Been playing on a laptop for 6 years, I play Dota 2 with 10fps. Some might say this is impossible, I say its just annoying

you should use the cash to bribe your family to ship you your rig.

i have my parts in a corsair 900D case and i still haul that thing to college.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Happy Birthday.

A game on sale perhaps?

No gaming PC in college :(

I just talked about aesthetics, you could also get something that makes a difference in you're everyday life, like a footstool ;)

xD nah treat yourself to something that relieves stress for you, a chill video game like Civ or a Netflix subscription

Also happy birthday from the LTT forum (even though I'm new here i can still represent )

btw I guess this is slightly off topic compared to the original purpose of this post, but I was wondering what you guys think about a computer science degree. It's only my first year and I'm already more stressed out than I've ever been. Do you think it's worth sticking with CS, or should I change my major to something less stressful but with equally good job prospects, like Business?

btw I guess this is slightly off topic compared to the original purpose of this post, but I was wondering what you guys think about a computer science degree. It's only my first year and I'm already more stressed out than I've ever been. Do you think it's worth sticking with CS, or should I change my major to something less stressful but with equally good job prospects, like Business?

i'm in MIS, management information system. this is under business and it's even more intensive than CS. i have a website to produce within a week, i'm meeting a client with wire frames today, and i also have a program due monday.

if you're in a field with good job prospects it's going to be stressful. BTW, i'm a junior, but a sophomore in the program.

i'm in MIS, management information system. this is under business and it's even more intensive than CS. i have a website to produce within a week, i'm meeting a client with wire frames today, and i also have a program due monday.

if you're in a field with good job prospects it's going to be stressful. BTW, i'm a junior, but a sophomore in the program.

What are the main differences between MIS and CS? I heard that business is one of the easiest degrees to get, but obviously I've never seen any proof to back this up.

What are the main differences between MIS and CS? I heard that business is one of the easiest degrees to get, but obviously I've never seen any proof to back this up.

we are the bridge between business and tech. MIS people are generally the systems analysts, technology consultants for other companies, SysAdmins. while some of my schools alumni are in mostly business positions they are also responsible for the tech. behind the company.

CS is mostly focused on creating the hardware, designing PCBs, making GPU bios, CS is the bridge between hardware and software. 

CS/physicists design and dope silicon wafers.

basically, MIS guys like me need to be able to give an elevator pitch about why need need our own application for our business that runs on android or iOS to further our profits and allow for better product tracking.  CS guys like you will be responsible for installing those systems, and developing them. don't worry, MIS guys will be beside you developing those systems too.

we are the bridge between business and tech. MIS people are generally the systems analysts, technology consultants for other companies, SysAdmins. while some of my schools alumni are in mostly business positions they are also responsible for the tech. behind the company.

CS is mostly focused on creating the hardware, designing PCBs, making GPU bios, CS is the bridge between hardware and software. 

CS/physicists design and dope silicon wafers.

basically, MIS guys like me need to be able to give an elevator pitch about why need need our own application for our business that runs on android or iOS to further our profits and allow for better product tracking.  CS guys like you will be responsible for installing those systems, and developing them. don't worry, MIS guys will be beside you developing those systems too.

Wow it sounds like I might be more interested in MIS than CS :o Is it possible to get a job in MIS with a BS in Business Administration? My uni doesnt offer MIS

Was going to say Occulus but probably best to save the cash for the consumer release.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2