BitFenix Prodigy Stock 140mm Fan LEDs not running

spl1nter_nz
Go to solution Solved by ELSknutson,

holy cow is that thing from the stone age 

Im going to guess its 12v and with out spending the cost of another fan I dont see any god option other then splicing it into a 12V molex cable.  a new Bitfenix LED fan is about $15-20 and theirs only the 1 fan cable to run both the LED and fan 

Hi there,

I am having some trouble running the blue LEDs on the rear 140mm fan. I am unsure of the fan model as all the manuals/packaging state that all of the extras are subject to change and nothing is mentioned regarding stock fans at all.

Before you say you need a jumper to get them running you will need to see the picture attached.

This fan's LED cable is similar to the power LED and HDD LED that you would connect to the motherboard. This cable (30-35cm long) is also hard wired into the fan with at no point an opportunity to connect the jumper (like the 200mm fan on the front) and as I am assuming due to the positive and negative on the plug that I could do some damage if I tired.

2ngsr2u.jpg

What I am Wondering is that if I removed the Power LED from the motherboard and Attached this would the motherboard put enough power through it to Run the 4 LEDs on the fan? I have no wish to purchase a BitFenix LED controller for the singular fan and have only just managed to fit a fan controller in today with cooling system!

Thanks for any help you can give :)

holy cow is that thing from the stone age 

Im going to guess its 12v and with out spending the cost of another fan I dont see any god option other then splicing it into a 12V molex cable.  a new Bitfenix LED fan is about $15-20 and theirs only the 1 fan cable to run both the LED and fan 

The fan still runs so it will be okay until I can sort a new one to take its place!

BitFenix must have had a pile of old stock that they didn't know what to do with!  :P 

Thanks for your help!