the console switch?

Air tree

So in a few months i will be buying my pc and i was wondering how long do you think it will take before wasd and mouse controls feel natural?

depends on how often you game :) I switched to pc about a month ago and can safely say in less than a few days it was all pretty normal for me :)

Depends, for me it took quite a while. Still not completely smooth with it yet, and there is a couple games I plug in my 360 remote in for.

It took me a few weeks but it's totally worth it. I'd suggest staying away from ranked matches if you care about your score for the time being. :P

I went through this... WASD isn't much of a problem. It's the other buttons you have to click and getting your aim right with the mouse. What kind of games will you be playing? In the beginning it's frustrating, but the amazing graphics will distract you ;), you'll be doing fine in a few weeks. In a moth or so going back to a joystick would feel crappy.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I've been a PC gamer since 2005/6 and I've been a console gamer since 1998.

Just play the games. You'll get the hang of it within a week and if you continue to use both systems, you'll be able to switch back and forth with ease.

I went through this... WASD isn't much of a problem. It's the other buttons you have to click and getting your aim right with the mouse. What kind of games will you be playing? In the beginning it's frustrating, but the amazing graphics will distract you ;), you'll be doing fine in a few weeks. In a moth or so going back to a joystick would feel crappy.

i'm going to be playing rpgs, fps, and games like that.

i'm going to be playing rpgs, fps, and games like that.

Well you'll have a lot of buttons to learn in RPGs and you'll need to get your aim right in FPSs. You'll be fine though! It doesn't take too long to get the hand of it.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Well you'll have a lot of buttons to learn in RPGs and you'll need to get your aim right in FPSs. You'll be fine though! It doesn't take too long to get the hand of it.

at least i will have a nice comfortable razer deathadder for a mouse and a awesome keyboard that is the corsair k95 :D

I went from PC to Xbox 360 and was a massive console gamer for around 3 years, going back to PC playing CSS... well... I sucked:D

When I bough't my old PS 2, only require me a month of practice, should be the same case with pc

First thing you should do is disable "enhanced pointer precision" in your windows control panel under "mouse" settings.

Mouse Acceleration is HORRENDOUS for FPS gaming.! Non-Accurate and its ON BY DEFAULT in Windows7/8

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

About a week for me. depends on how well you know the keyboard and if you can type fast/without looking

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY

I recon a week max. Just make sure you have mouse accel off in any games you are playing.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

It changes from person to person took me about 10 bf3 feel conquest game's for everything to be good and sorted and has taken one of my friend's other 3 months and he still hasn't got it 

So in a few months i will be buying my pc and i was wondering how long do you think it will take before wasd and mouse controls feel natural?

0.00000567 seconds

trully i switched to pc almost a month ago and wasd mouse felt way more natural than a console controller ever did

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

I'd say about 5 hours of solid gameplay you'll have no problems with the controls. your aim will settle in after about another 24 hours of game time (assuming this isn't over more than about a month)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

It will not take you long.. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory

When a movement is repeated over time, a long-term muscle memory is created for that task, eventually allowing it to be performed without conscious effort. This process decreases the need for attention and creates maximum efficiency within the motor and memory systems.

When first learning a motor task, movement is often slow, stiff and easily disrupted without attention. With practice, execution of motor task becomes smoother, there is a decrease in limb stiffness, and muscle activity necessary to the task is performed without conscious effort.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Having a decent keyboard and mouse helps. . . 

When I first switched I was still using a microsoft comfort curve, my god WASD was hardwork, and my mouse didn't have dpi settings, but now I've got new ones it really helps.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

It really shouldn't take you more than a couple days. It's incredibly simple. It took me longer to get used to a controller then it did to PC controls.

Here are the basic FPS controls.

W = Forward
A = Left

S = Backward

D = Right

R = Reload

E = Use

F = Flashlight

Space = Jump

Control / C = Crouch

Shift = Sprint / Walk

Mouse = Look around

Left Click = Fire 

Right Click = Aim / Secondary

It's not that hard.

I'm quite exited to build my pc i have been waiting over a year since i haven't been in a place where i can build one since my family moves around alot, so it's almost been a year of looking at my build and updating it for when i do build it.

Not long. A few hours of continuous gaming should be enough to get the gist of it.

I'm personally having the opposite problem with playing on the PS3: Borderlands 2 is a bit awkward with a PS3 controller.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2