AF120 or SP120 for air cpu cooler?

Samarok

SP120

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

SP120

/thread  SP are static pressure meaning they are meant for radiator or heatsink use.  AF is air flow or open air environment to move large amounts of air.

Definitly the AF120. You won't need much pressure for a cpu cooler.

SP120

Actually, no.

Definitly the AF120. You won't need much pressure for a cpu cooler.

^ Heatsinks generally aren't dense enough to take more of an advantage of the static pressure of the SP120 than the AF120's airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Neither.

What would you recommend then?

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.

What would you recommend then?

It would help to list your specs, budget, and why you're replacing the fan. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Noctua NF-F12 PWM 

They even do a black one now  :)

It would help to list your specs, budget, and why you're replacing the fan. 

I'm not the one looking for a fan ... just thought 'neither' was a silly post, could have at least gone hand in hand with a suggestion! ... which was provided, and I agree.  :P

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.