GTX 780ti ture silent mode

Fabio

Hey guys,

I am searching for a way to turn off the fans in idle on my gtx 780ti from ASUS. Unfortunately it is not possible to turn the fans down to less than 40% through costume fan curves.

Neither the MSI Afterburner nor GPU Tweak worked.

I have heard that it is possible to change fan settings within the gpu bios. But I am not very experienced with this type of things, so I am afraid to kill that gpu, since it has no dual bios.

Actually the 780ti isn't loud in idle at all, but I would love my PC to be dead silent.

Does anyone know a way to change the fan profile of the gpu?

Is there any software based way?

Or have you seen a good instruction for gpu bios changes?

Thanks for your support,

Fabio Schmidberger, Germany

(so sorry for mistakes, feel free to correct me in the comments)

watercooling it would be easiest

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The only way to create a custom fan profile the way you want it is to flash it to a custom bios and set it there. Since you do not have a dual bios, you are going to be forced to overwrite the current one.  Before you do that, make sure to save your current bios before overwriting anything.   

I have a potato!

I have just watched linus video on vessel about the fanless mode at gtx 970&980. I think this might be possible with my gtx 780ti as well.

Or do you think it will overheat, since it is a pretty power hungy card?