General thoughts on Vessel?

I've noticed that the video quality is worse than Youtube. And while I don't have a 4k monitor (still stuck on 1080p... such is the life of a poor 14 year old),it I don't see any way to enable it anyways (I do so on Youtube for better picture quality).

So then do we have to pay after that free year? That's my biggest problem about this

It seems so. From what I've seen, its $3 USD/month after the first year.

they have a mobile app on iOS

what about those of us who cant ber to even look at IOS? 

T^T 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Sucks.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It seems so. From what I've seen, its $3 USD/month after the first year.

that seems fair enough. if it was over 5 bucks a month i'd say no. T^T

netflix, vessel, blah blah blah, as long as my monthy stuff all added up is under 30 bucks a month. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

that seems fair enough. if it was over 5 bucks a month i'd say no. T^T

netflix, vessel, blah blah blah, as long as my monthy stuff all added up is under 30 bucks a month. 

Kinda sucks for his younger viewers such as myself who don't always have money. I only have money every few months, and then it's usually not a lot, or just enough for my next big upgrade to keep my computer running decently (and when I say that, I mean JUST enough, down to the dollar).

The design of the site is nice but the videos seem very blurry.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they can fix many of the technical issues (well that's hoping they actually listen to customer feedback; like this thread). You seem confident in its success though. I am more skeptical about the increase in a wide range of content. What's there so far is far too limited to keep me around, let alone pay for it.

Im in the same place as you; youtube had it's issues and took time to get to where it is today.

I feel like if youtube had a membership service to skip ads (for those who don't use adblocker....) then Vessel would

have no reason to exist... TBH I never watched youtube and wanted anything different.

They are just trying to cash in on the paid subscription game like Netflix, and used no ads and early vids to draw people in...

They are going to need some serious support to compete with youtube though

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

I'm not a big fan of "mobilizing" the desktop website. It's a neat design, don't get me wrong. But I go on my desktop to use a desktop versions of a site. I don't need to have one video thumbnail take up 50% of my screen or a menu button that reveals a huge menu with huge buttons. YouTube's one is better, but it would be nicer to have an always open menu bar.

Quality on Vessel is slightly lower, but not enough to complain about.

Sucks.

care to explain why?

I specially came here to complain about its video quality.

yeah, 720p isnt exactly the best thing ever. for me its fine though. i dont mind at all. *still games at 768p*

for people with nice monitors and stuff i know would hate it. 

-Jim Hensen

Kinda sucks for his younger viewers such as myself who don't always have money. I only have money every few months, and then it's usually not a lot, or just enough for my next big upgrade to keep my computer running decently (and when I say that, I mean JUST enough, down to the dollar).

thats why LMG is still uploading to youtube. :D

-Jim Hensen

I specially came here to complain about its video quality.

Quite a few people have mentioned the quality but I haven't really noticed it too much. Probably because of my poor internet conection in general (6mbps) so I always just go for 720p (or even 480p sometimes). I have a 1440p monitor but it doesn't look that bad on it. I suppose I can bare 420p and reasonably happy with 720p so I trend not to complain about getting the utmost quality videos in general.

What resolution do you run YT at? What resolution is your monitor also?

Im in the same place as you; youtube had it's issues and took time to get to where it is today.

I feel like if youtube had a membership service to skip ads (for those who don't use adblocker....) then Vessel would

have no reason to exist... TBH I never watched youtube and wanted anything different.

They are just trying to cash in on the paid subscription game like Netflix, and used no ads and early vids to draw people in...

YT is bringing in a subscription service. Problem is YT doesn't give two shits about the people who put content on YT (at least that's whats going around the grapevine). Vessel seems to be creator orientated.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

care to explain why?

yeah, 720p isnt exactly the best thing ever. for me its fine though. i dont mind at all. *still games at 768p*

for people with nice monitors and stuff i know would hate it.

Terrible website interface, slow like fucking flow buffering, can't open two freaking taps with middle mouse button.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It needs resolution options like YT. I have a fast internet connection and I want to use it to its fullest. It needs a dislike button as well. Just knowing likes means nothing. Having the video thumbnails under the player and then the comments under that is annoying to me. there needs to be more comments loaded at the start, 10 is not enough. Seeing the top Key bindings to control the player is also needed. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

doesnt youtube have the adf ree thing? i think it does. :D

I'm not a big fan of "mobilizing" the desktop website. It's a neat design, don't get me wrong. But I go on my desktop to use a desktop versions of a site. I don't need to have one video thumbnail take up 50% of my screen or a menu button that reveals a huge menu with huge buttons. YouTube's one is better, but it would be nicer to have an always open menu bar.

Quality on Vessel is slightly lower, but not enough to complain about.

^^^^^^^^^^ 100% this. 

it pisses me off so fucking much when people make thier site to appel to mobile users, when they need an app and we need a site. 

you cant please btoh words. the only users that benefit from a touch-screen friendly site are people with convertable laptops. 

and even then, usually they just use it like a tablet anyway. which makes me ask the question....

why no youTube.exe? 

that would be fucking amazing if google made a program to run google right on your PC without your browser. 

saves the last 5 videos you've watched so you can watch them wihtout  connection.

would be so fkn rad.

-Jim Hensen

Looks nice and has a lot going for it. First thing thing I found to be an issue. I actually said this on Teamspeak at the time "Where the fuck is the mobile app for this thing?" 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Terrible website interface, slow like fucking flow buffering, can't open two freaking taps with middle mouse button.

^_^ i agree 100% 

i like the service, but they REALLY need to work on their site. 

like. 

alot. 

if youre making a website dont make it so we cant use fucking windows commands and shit while we're using it. just because you cant do it on IOS or Android doesnt mean we shouldnt be able to on linux/windows/osx

-Jim Hensen

I think vessel is ok.  I did experience a quite laggy introduction to it, mainly because of this always on video tile thing that it always loads. Possibly because of the suspected influx of LMG customers bombarding it with new traffic.

I think it looks nice, it has a new and fresh look to it, not bad at all.

I'm not sure I will be subscribing to it yet, 3 dollars p/m isn’t too bad but I genuinely will only be watching LTT and related, the other content is a bit meh'...  Not because it is crap necessarily but because it is not really relevant to my interest,  there is so much content online that my time is valuable and for me to want to watch it needs to be relevant and not just a load of cliché'.

LTT caught my viewing after dredging through a lot of crap on YouTube and frankly I now trust their opinion on many things.  I would ask them to lower the level of innuendo and euphemisms though, don't be those guys. guys...

So no android app, no at least full HD, not free, no view counts... Seems like it follows the "less is more" mantra not in the way it should be done. 

Also is it just me, or you cant open videos in a new tab with middle click? It plays the video in the current tab, instead of opening a new one. Huge WTF

thats why LMG is still uploading to youtube. :D

Yeah, true, it's just delayed. Hopefully there will still be videos every day, just released a couple days after.

Vessel needs to get off their asses RIGHT NOW and start implementing so much stuff and more things, like polls directly onto the site. Wouldn't that be cool?! Anyways it's still really so we can't judge much, but honestly I doubt Vessel will take off

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

Where I live, the internet speeds aren't good. So vessel takes a lot of time to load. But my feelings are mixed.

Still Waiting for GTAV!

I think it is great.

How do you feel about the content? Are you subscribed to many channels etc?

This goes to everyone! Lots of talk of the technical issues. Very little in the way of enjoying the platform.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700